Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted October 31, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sometimes we don't get answers.

The Notes

by Mia Twysted

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

The weight of her arm stunned Lisa as she lifted it to rub her aching neck. Taking a hard breath, she sat up. Her body felt heavy and stiff. She scooted back, intent on leaning against her vintage headboard for support, only it wasn't there. Opening her eyes, she gasped at the unfamiliar surroundings. 

Four concrete walls surrounded her. Her heart began to beat fast in her chest. She didn't know where she was or how she had got here. Amidst the darkness was only one strand of light—the one coming through the window of the old dried out wooden door. 

On the knob, there was a small blue envelope with her name written on it. Peeling it slowly from the tape, Lisa opened the envelope and pulled out the letter inside.

If they pay, you will go free.

"Hello!" Lisa tried to peer through the dirty glass of the door. "Please let me out. I don't understand. Why am I here? Hello!" she pounding her fist against the door. 

Tears welling up in her bright blue eyes as her hands felt the walls hoping there was another way out. Tears rolled down her cheek as she turned in circles trying to make sense of what was going on.

"Let me out!" she screamed, beating the door, "This isn't fucking funny!" Shaking the knob, she willed it to turn, but it wouldn't budge. The glass on the door thudded as she beat her cold, stiff fist against it. Her nails tore at the seasoned wood peeling away tiny shards that fell helplessly to the floor.

Lisa's body wobbled side to side as she tried to control her shallow breaths. Leaning against the cold cement, she slid down the wall to the floor. Pulling her knees to her chest, she cried. 

Waking in that same position, she looked up into the darkness. The light from the door barely reached into the room. Squinting, she noticed another envelope on the doorknob. Scrambling to her feet, she darted at the door, trying to get it to open. Again the old wood door refused to give her even one inch. 

Opening the envelope, she pulled out the note and read:

Food, water, and bucket in the corner.

"What the fuck!" Lisa's body shook uncontrollably, "Let me the hell out of here, right now! Do you hear me!"

Hours passed as she fought with the unforgiving door. Screaming and crying, Lisa pleaded to be released. Weak and hungry, she crawled to the corner to find a bottle of water and a pack of crackers. Spitting out the stale crackers, she opened the water, drinking it in sips as she fought her heavy eyelids that closed as she drifted off to sleep.

Waking, she turned to see another note taped to the doorknob. Letting out a heavy sigh, she took out the letter and read.

It was nice knowing you.

"Motherfuckers," Lisa cried as she lay down on the cold, smooth floor beneath her giving up.

 




Kidnapped! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You are challenged to write a story about a kidnapping. Maximum word count is 500 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.