General Fiction posted October 30, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A couple gets kidnapped in Downtown Boston.

Someone Else Will Report This

by Dick Waters


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

It was a cold evening in downtown Boston.  The wind was blowing paper and trash down Marlborough Street.  The old woman watched from her second story window.  She noticed a young couple struggling against the strong wind, and she realized neither was dressed for winter.
 
The young woman was holding her escort’s arm and her French beret.  Both were leaning into the wind with their heads down.  College kids without common sense. Her grandfather clock chimed ten o’clock. They were halfway up the block now, when she caught sight of several other figures appear from an alley ahead of them.
 
The couple must have sensed them, or possibly heard them.  They stopped their forward motion and stared without moving, only a few feet separating them.  Two of the men started to pass the couple, so they resumed walking.
 
However, the other two men were now blocking their path.  The men who had passed, closed in behind them.
 
Instantaneously, three men jumped the young man, and the fourth grabbed the young woman.  She started to flail her arms at the figure, her hat flying into the wind.  The man had his other hand over her mouth and was now lifting her, almost dragging her to the alley.
 
The young man was now lying face down on the sidewalk.  The three men were jumping up and down, but their attention was diverted to the alley.  They reached down for the young man’s hands and dragged him to the alley.
 
The woman could not believe her eyes, but did not have a phone to call the police.  She saw new movement; it was the girl running from the alley with some clothes missing.  She was swept up before she got to the curb. Instead of heading back to the alley, he ran to a large black car.
 
Another man opened the back door and they threw her in.  The two men ran back into the alley. Immediately, all four men came out carrying the motionless young man to the car.  They opened the front door and threw the young man inside.
 
Simultaneously, the opposite side rear car door opened and the girl tried to exit.  She was roughly and quickly yanked back inside.  Moments later the car pulled out of the parking spot, lights off, and ran the red light.
 
The woman held her hands to her chest.  She had obviously witnessed an abduction and feared for their wellbeing.  She looked back out the window and saw the girl’s beret folded against a parking meter.
 
She looked to see if there were any lights on in any of the other apartment windows, but to her surprise they were in darkness. By the time she could talk to the police it would be too late for them. She pulled her shade down, turning on her light to go to her bedroom.
 
What is this world coming to?  Someone else must have witnessed what happened and would surely report it.
 



Kidnapped! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You are challenged to write a story about a kidnapping. Maximum word count is 500 words.


Image from Google Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dick Waters All rights reserved.
Dick Waters has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.