General Poetry posted October 24, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Reflections poetry

The mind ponders...

by royowen

My mind has pondered why seas rise and plunder coastal shores.
And why the Lord has stirred Earth's depths to open Heaven's doors.
Disease and famine, drought and rain, are summoned as they are.
Cascading through the lives of men, fate written on some star.

The soul may die when safety's rule has plucked one's with'ring will.
I pray man's courage will not fail when whisky fills the still.
For some will strengthen while they rest, but some will fade away.
Yet some will trim the lamp to burn the oil that lights the day.

I do not know how many soar,
nor know how many burn.
I only know He offers grace,
but they refuse to turn.

R.Owen 11/05/2020







Recognized

#522
2020


The artwork is one of the rarest books ever printed, it is the Gutenberg Bible, on one of the world's oldest printing presses.
These are contemplations, they take me into why we are what we are, what we align ourselves with, and why. Before God barged into my life, quite frankly, there was nothing that would ever satisfy. But what God placed before me, was exactly what I wanted, I wanted hope, and He gives that in abundance. The bible contains the perfect law, full of justice and compassion, (the vast number of western countries base their law on the Mosaic law.) the best poetry, instruction, and predictive prophesy one can read.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All scripture is give by the inspiration of God, and is profitable doctrine, reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Thanks for reading. Roy Owen.
Artwork by Goggle.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.