General Poetry posted October 20, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Epitaph for a pet

On the loss of a Pet

by Mary Vigasin

For years, they provide comfort and joy

They are a routine part of our lives.

Our pets give us companionship and unconditional love.

Our lives evolve around their very comfort.

Then when the end comes,

It is the empty dish, the unused leash, the abandoned toy that leave an emptiness in the house.

We remember their personality, playfulness, even suppressing a laugh when we should be mad at their antics.

Let these times console you.

Sleep well my sweet pet,

You are in our memories forever.

It is in our dreams where we will see you again, forever running happy and free.




Poem of the Month contest entry

Recognized

#1910
2020


I have seen sorrow here where a writer is mourning the loss of a pet. It is real sorrow.
I have lost over the years, Toody and Muldoon, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Natasha. Each cat was precious to me.
There are two 20 year old cats in the house who I expect their days are numbered.
Whether a cat or dog, the loss of a pet is a wound to the heart. So this is for those who have lost their friend.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Vigasin All rights reserved.
Mary Vigasin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.