General Poetry posted October 17, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An Amanda's Pitch poem

Bringing Lunch Home

by damommy

As you all know, I recently lost one of my sons.  It’s been devastating, and I’m having a very difficult time dealing with his loss.  I’d like to come back to FS, but I can’t write about my grief.  It’s too painful and private.  But I need a distraction, and I know John would want me to keep on writing like before, and be my goofy self.  He was such a funny, witty man.  Always had me laughing.  He treated me like a queen, and my happiness and wellbeing were his main concerns.
 
I have a poem I wrote before this happened, and even though it’s late for the Potlatch Challenge, I’d like to post it now. 

 
  
Today, the mockingbird flew by my windowpane
with tasty tidbit gripped and dangling from his beak,
a morsel to be shared with waiting mate.
He wooed and won her in the spring.
He wooed and won her in the spring.
He perches first upon the garden gate
to catch her searching eyes, her appetite to pique.
Then in their nest, they lunched while sheltered from the rain.


 



Recognized

#262
2020


Thank you for reading this.

Amanda's Pinch poetry form

This is a syllabic form with syllable count 12/12/10/8/8/10/12/12
with Rhyme Scheme abcDDcba, (with line 5 a refrain of line 4)
Alliteration is required in every line. It looks well centered. Its structure giving the impression of being gently pinched together, then springing back in a mirror image.
It may be doubled.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.