Mystery and Crime Flash Fiction posted October 17, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We are our own fools

Reggie's Fool

by Mia Twysted


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
Reggie knew that he needed a patsy if he was going to get out of things unscathed. For weeks he'd sat and watch his classmates roam the campus, noting and judging them in his little notebook. When he saw Lisa, the con artist knew he found the right sucker to take the fall.

Lisa was meek and passive. Always lending a hand to those in need and often saddled with work that others dumped on her. Without complaint, she did the job and took none of the credit. Her mere presence would have been entirely invisible if her teachers had not taken a shine to the four foot five woman.

Once Reggie decided she was his lamb, he arranged a little meet and greet. It didn't take much to get someone to give the girl a hard time so he could act as a knight in shining armor when he came to her rescue. After that moment, he did everything he could do to be by her side, showering her with compliments and praise.

Before too long, Reggie was in full swing. Students lined up at his dorm door to buy papers, notes, test answers. Lisa was a cash cow. That was until Lisa overheard him in the hall bragging.

That night while the two consorted, Lisa drugged Reggie. Waking, the schemer found himself bound, gagged, and attached to a cinderblock.

"You've got some nerve," the moonlight reflected off her glasses, "Not only did you weasel in on my business, but made a fool of me while doing it."

Reggie's forehead wrinkled a moment before he realized Lisa was not who he thought she was.

Lifting her foot, Lisa kicked the concrete block into the water.

And the moral of the story is don't judge a book by its cover.



Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.