General Fiction posted October 18, 2020 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a two-hundred-word story.

A chapter in the book A Murder a Month

A Murder a Month: Valentine

by Bill Schott


Previously:

A homicide investigation was opened and Bull Schlitz was assigned.

Whoever had killed Alexander Enero would have to be brought to justice.
========================================


Bull Schlitz pulled a swig from a pint of Number 7 as he looked over data on Alexander Enero.

"Hey, Piglet! It's been three weeks; where's the rest of the report on Enero?"

"It's pronounced 'Peeshlay', Inspector."

Schlitz turned and looked at the young detective; his furled brow spoke for him.

"That's it, Bull. The guy is off the books.  Also, there's a new murder reported from the East Side."

"So what?"

"Coroner's report says small bore through the skull."  

Thirty minutes later, Inspector Schlitz and Detective Piglette arrived at the downtown precinct. After making arguments for similarity in victims' deaths, they were given access to the investigation files.

Detective Zack Newton gave them the forensics report and background on the victim. 
"The guy's name was Dulce Corazón. His bio is shorter than your partner's johnson.

"It says here that the bullet is practically pristine and that it was still in the guys skull," said the younger detective. Then, turning to Newton, "Name's Piglette, not Johnson."

Newton scoffed with a smirk.  Then, opening an evidence bag, pulled out a greeting card. "He had this Valentine tucked inside his shirt."

Bull looked at the lab data and background on the victim.  He looked up and smiled at his assistant. "Hey, Piglet!" 

Piglette grinned. "Zip gun!" 

"The killer was in the room and close," said Bull. "The report says the pill entered through the back of the head."

"Ah, the most unkindest cut of all," said Piglette.

"What the hell does that mean, Piglet?"

"The victim knew his killer," said Piglette. "He was likely - a friend."



To be continued...








 



Recognized


"The most unkindest cut of all." Quote from Shakespeare's 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar' when Mark Antony makes note of the stab wound in Caesar made by his good friend Brutus.

pill=bullet

Image from Google The Mary Sue

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.