Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 5, 2017 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Preamble to Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go.

A chapter in the book The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go

Introduction

by Sankey




Background
We begin our long ride through almost sixty-six years of my life.
This is the story of my entry into the world and even though I was more than 60 years of age before I started writing about all this, it is the journey through my life up until 66 years of age.

For those of you from other than Australia, you may find differences in expressions and grammar and spelling to what you are customarily used to.

Being born and bred Australian, I speak British English. After all British English preceded anything else other lands might have spoken, derived from original British English.

Even here in Australia, we have taken liberties from time to time, from our language. For example, Aussie slang or "strine" departs from correct English a lot of times.

I have appreciated all the help I have had in fixing things in this book. Making things clearer, at times. However, from different parts of the world, there will always be a different interpretation of how I say things in this book. As you read, please bear all the foregoing in mind.

Finally, let me say, this is not a fictional novel. We have not sought to titillate, entertain or thrill in the pages of this book. If anything we have written in here has encouraged you or helped you in some way, then that is our intent in bringing this to you.

Names of any persons still living at the time of writing have been changed.

Mrs Tammy Fraser, the wife of a former Australian Prime Minister, has a favourite saying until recently I credited to her.
I now know it belongs to the famous novelist, George Bernard Shaw.
He once said:
"Life wasn't meant to be easy."

You will see in this book, evidence of how true this saying can be.

Thanks for coming along on the ride.

G.C.Moore.
 



Recognized


This is the introduction to my book of my life.
Photo is a recent one of me and my sweetheart of 32 years, 30 of which have been spent in a wonderful fulfilling marriage, as at March 14th, 2017.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.