General Fiction posted August 16, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100 - 150 word contest entry

The Intruder

by PhilipCatshill

100 Word Story Contest Winner 
While pensioners slept in the room above, not a sound disturbed the night in the lounge, save for the relentless ticking of the mantle clock. The intruder had no use for jewels, cash or even their mobile phone, which sat in its charger for every burglar in the neighbourhood to see. Had the sleeping couple possessed a modicum of sense between them, maybe they would have turned off the light to the fish tank.
He paused to watch those little guppies with their fancy tails as each took a turn to swim through an artificial hole in an artificial rock. One, whose tail shimmied like painted silk in the wind, swam to the surface. How could that ignorant fish know the intruder had murder in mind? A swipe of a paw was all it took, and the cat escaped with its breakfast.


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

100 Word Story
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PhilipCatshill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
PhilipCatshill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.