General Non-Fiction posted May 10, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ravings of a Lunatic

Thoughts from a Crapper

by Tom Horonzy


Just like Howard Beale in the movie Network, I am as Mad as Hell and wish to stop the madness but know I can't, so excuse me for a few moments as I vent. You can add your raves in the comment box.

In addition, the song sung by Maria (aka Julie Andrews) in The Sound of Music where she sings "Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens are not what I am complaining about, but the following are:

How fees keep going up and service keeps going down. It doesn't matter the who, what, or where save for Hobby Lobby and Chik-Filet, who continue meeting customer expectations while keeping prices affordable. It seems to me that the world has been spiraling downward for a long, longer, longest time, which has even worsened since COVID-19.

"There may be too little proof of election fraud, but can you deny a fix seems to be in as liberals get their say nightly from Late Night Talk Show hosts, prime time television and Hollywood, where the F-word has replaced "and" as the most used word in the English language? Stars, starlets, and sports figures have more aeffect (I'm confused to which is right) on public opinion than newscasters, who seemingly are required to be left-leaning to be hired. 

I understand why prices went up when the supply chain was interrupted, but need to ask why they didn't go down once the routes were re-established.  The cost of toilet paper remains as high as a King Tide, and boxes of Post and Kellogg cereals are as lean as the homeless in the streets of L.A., San Fran, and the Big Apple.
 
Meanwhile, cattlemen make far less than a grocery store selling beef at prices that compete against precious metals. Further, how do cold cuts by the pound from Boar's Head cost more than a rib-eye steak, which, if ordered in a fine-dining establishment, costs three times more than raw at the store?

Manufacturing, once our strength, was shipped overseas, largely to China, which allowed the profits made to challenge the USA's supremacy as the world's greatest military power. Adding insult to injury is how we borrow money from the enemy because of Congressional deficit spending revenues on stupid things like: "Sex, drugs, and… quails," as Washington spent $518,000 in federal grants to study how cocaine affects the sexual behavior of Japanese quails. What? They couldn't even test domestic birds? 

Or what about Northwestern University receiving 3 million in N.I.H. money to watch hamster fights to see if drugged rodents were more aggressive when protecting their territory? Where do rats buy drugs? 

I felt like Rodney Dangerfield after going to buy a dress for my wife's birthday only to find that it was made in Vietnam (where workers are paid  $2 an hour), but the price was one-hundred-ninety-nine dollars, so I bought the buttons instead for $1.99.

Five years ago, gas per gallon was down to a buck and a half, but now it costs twice as much because we buy crude from abroad instead of being energy-independent as we were back then. We were even selling our excess overseas. Another insult is how we buy electricity from Canada.

And to end, I wonder... are all marriages in the States today mix-raced or gay, or are we being indoctrinated to accept that as the norm? I'd rather see ads from days of yesteryear where a glass of Coke flashed intermittently, hardly being noticed, if at all, among weiners with a first and last name.

As Merrie Melodies cartoon ended back when, so will I again with... That's All Folks!




The stall pictures up above still exists on our family farm, but thankfully we now have indoor plumbing.

No ill intent is intended in the posting of this piece, but it seems I have a penchant for the taste of feet in my mouth when my mind goes rogue and causes a kerfuffle.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.