General Non-Fiction posted April 28, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Something positive to think about

Big Bang Theory

by Debi Pick Marquette


 
According to the book of Genesis, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
 
The following is the way the Big Bang Theory explains it and is very similar if you were looking in and you knew nothing about God, they sound very much alike:
The universe was created from a ball of energy and light that appeared suddenly from nothingness.
 
 
Most scientists no longer try to disprove God's existence because they know there isn't an experiment that can ever detect God.
 
In 1966, there was a revolution of atheism, and much was written about how science has established that there is no God. Old scientific theory is about infinite time; anything can happen through evolution.

Atheists say you could take an old scum swamp, a nothing area, and out of chance, random, time, events, and something can come of it. They call that part of evolution.  
 
These minorities in the science field are still looking for proof. They are looking for evidence through experiments. You cannot recreate creation.
 
Scientist skeptics have been won over to Christianity more than ever before. The difference between a skeptic and a cynic is that a skeptic will believe if he has been given sufficient evidence to prove him wrong. 
 
A cynic cannot be swayed no matter if God appeared to them; they would still be refusing belief when standing at Hell's door. Also, cynics don't want there to be a God because it can screw up their life that they wish to control themselves.
 
The wise decision is to wager that God exists since "If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing," meaning one can gain eternal life if God exists, but if not, one will be no worse off in death than if one had not believed. However, acceptance and repentance must follow with love for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Nobody enters Heaven except by the Son.
 
I know the truth about the subject without a doubt in the world. As a recipient of miracles, I know how prayer has worked for me, and I hear God speak to me daily. 

For any cynics out there, here is my proof: I am still here after many years ago I was told that there was minimal chance of survival from a horrible cancer that should have taken my life. My cancer miraculously disappeared after only the treatments and I hadn't had the surgery they said I would have to have. My doctor consulted with other doctors and specialists regarding my case and there were three in the room when he told my husband and myself of their findings. The other two doctors had asked to be there for that visit. 
 
So after telling my non-believer oncologist about all the prayers from many congregations, he looked at all the evidence and started attending church and became a Christian. He said he no longer had anything to support his earlier way of thinking. I will never forget the exact words he said to me that day. He said he would take help from my God any day, and he did.
 
No matter what you call it, the good news is that science is now taking a step forward and accepting what has always been debated, the truth. How we got here, and is there life after death? I would say for all the bad we hear about the world, it is nice to hear about something positive and is moving in the right direction. With the help of more Christian scientists, more confused people who were on the fence will be led to Christ.



Story of the Month contest entry

Recognized


My information is partially based from my church, from a church program on television called, "The Winning Walk" that was on this topic last Sunday and google readings on the subject and books to support this belief. Photo is from google.

There is a book called "Is Atheism Dead?" by Eric Metaxas. It is a wonderful read that expands greatly on the subject.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debi Pick Marquette All rights reserved.
Debi Pick Marquette has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.