General Poetry posted August 28, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Where are we?

Co workers (Potlatch Challenge)

by jusylee72

I walked in like I owned the place. There were so many interesting personalities at this job.

The princess truly thought she ran the place. The bully loved throwing his weight around.  We even had a class clown in our midst. My favorite is the oldest.  We call him the old man.  He has intelligence but no one can make him move fast. You had to wait if you wanted an answer from him.  I swear the chatty receptionist never knew when to shut up. She would tell the same story over and over again. The proudest one had served our country for years.  His nobility was earned and he flew high above the expectations of others. Then there was Mable.  Despite the fact that she was extemely heavy, she was the most sought out of our workers. People would flock to meet her.  She came here from India.  Our long necked beauty was a former model. Her exotic neck won her many photo shoot awards. 

Our offices were on the same floor.  We liked to maintain our seperate spaces.  We left each other alone most of the time.  We were creatures of habit.  Our offices were all decorated in different styles.  

Mine was the first on the right. I had the run of the place.  I was head supervisor.  I had to make sure all of the others were properly treated.  The unigue thing about this job was that we also lived here. Our offices were really small apartments suited to our needs.   I had keys to everything.   

I made sure the delivery people knew what each worker liked to eat.  

We gave up a long time ago trying to keep Mabel on a diet.   She only liked sugar, fruits and vegetables.   You would think that would make her skinny but the amount she ate was outrageous. Her apartment was the largest.   She had her own outside space with a lovely swimming pool. 

The princess loved her steaks rare. The Atkins diet served her just fine. Mostly meat. Her mate, the king, lived with her. They decorated their place witha jungle theme.  

The receptionist liked grains.  She was a bit flighty.  She loved bright colors and sweet nectar water.

The bully was an enigma.   He would pound his chest if you made him angry.  Yet he was a vegetarian. He was a little wierd.  He liked to eat bugs too.   Especially, termites.   My job was not to judge but to provide so I found a small place where we could order this delicacy.  He had actual trees growing in his apartment.  He had a slightly smaller swimming pool than Mabel. 

Our American hero grew up forging for himself in the wilderness.  Before coming here, he haunted for squirel, small rabbits, baby antelope and even mice.  His home had a very high ceiling. 


The old man is basically a vegetarian who occassionally likes meat.  He doesn't need too many calories because he uses so little energy everyday. He basically lives in a tree house style apartment. 

Our class clown needs ADD pills but we are against that kind of medication.  We just put up with his hyperactive life style.  We put a jungle gym in his office to keep him entertained.  

I swear our model is anorexic.  She only eats leaves and never seems to gain much weight. She is a tall beauty. He apartment has exotic trees in her garden. 

All of us seem happy, at least for now.   

Oh, have to go now.   The clients are arriving for consultations. 


 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jusylee72 All rights reserved.
jusylee72 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.