FanStory.com - Love Letter on a Clipboard #2by Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The love letters continue.
Love Letter on a Clipboard #2 by Sally Law





~**~
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz






Dearest woman I love,

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to move my lazy carcass from the bed and type you a love letter. I've been awake since 4 o'clock, so I might as well give into this and my thoughts of you. I hope to have this finished and on your clipboard by the time your shift starts.  I received your love letter, Kristin, and it made me love you all the more; a possibility I knew existed, but until now, never entertained. 

Your letter left me reeling, and confirmed to me that I am an excellent judge of both character and beauty. You said you felt awakened within, by my confessions of love. I feel the same way; like Lazarus raised from the dead, I have come back to life.

I could be a bad person for all you know. But yet, you walk through life with your heart wide open, willing to take a chance.

Are you enjoying the little gifts I've sent? They are small tokens from a man whose heart is completely filled with you.

You've confessed your chocolate fetish to me on many occasions. Chocolate with almonds, I believe, is your favorite. Let me know if I have that all wrong. 

I do have a confession to make, O robber of my heart. I met you two years ago at a spinal rehab center. I was being treated for a severely bruised spine. Anyway, you sat across from me in the waiting room. You were with your mother, but smiled and caught my eye when you handed me a copy of 'Popular Mechanics.' You probably don't remember, as I looked much different from how I do now. I wasn't wearing hospital attire, and my hair was long and shaggy. I remembered you; and, when I saw you again when you first arrived at Southside Baptist Hospital, I knew I'd been given a second chance.

My sweet love, something has happened to me! I am hopelessly and completely in love with you, and I haven't even held your hand or kissed your lips. How can this be?

The sweetest sounds of my day are your voice, contagious laughter, and your footsteps echoing through the corridors. I find everything about you endearing and disarming. I thought I could back away from you and just be an acquaintance, but I cannot. My soul has already left my body and traveled to yours, Miss Spencer.

I was wondering, if you're not too busy, if we could make a date for Christmas Eve Eve? I have adjusted my holiday schedule, and hope to take you out for a nice dinner. I promise, nothing that even resembles hospital cuisine.

Please accept this gift card; you'll be needing a new dress for our special date. (Don't forget to request the day off, so it will be doctor-approved.)

I feel bad that you know virtually nothing about me; so I decided with today's letter, I would give you a little hint of my identity. Here goes. Whenever I'm near you, I can't look into your eyes for more than a few seconds because I fear you'll see how deeply I care.

Secretly placing letters on your pink clipboard is the highlight of my day. I'm hoping these letters make my way into your heart because I will never be truly happy until I have won your love.

I love you, Kristin Spencer.
Your Secret Admirer

P.S.  A poem, along with some chocolate-covered almonds, for you today. I hope you like poetry, as this is one of my new favorites.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Little Voice
your little voice
                    Over the wires came leaping
and i felt suddenly
dizzy
     With the jostling and shouting of merry flowers
wee skipping high-heeled flames
courtesied before my eyes
                             or twinkling over to my side
Looked up
with impertinently exquisite faces
floating hands were laid upon me
I was whirled and tossed into delicious dancing
up
Up
with the pale important
                          stars and the Humorous
                                                  moon
dear girl
How i was crazy how i cried when i heard
                                            over time
and tide and death
leaping
Sweetly
          your voice

E. E. Cummings 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Recognized

Author Notes
Poetry by E. E. Cummings, titled, Your Little Voice.
https://hellopoetry.com/poets/e-e-cummings/


Artwork: https://pixabay.com/illustrations/background-letters-heart-683303/

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement