FanStory.com - A new Beginningby SLMorrical
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A new year a new beginning
A new Beginning by SLMorrical

"Happy New Year," the crowd cheered.

Sandra was in Times Square for the first time in her life, and was enjoying the party. She thought to herself a new year is about new beginnings. This is the time to make goals to accomplish not resolutions. This is the year when things turn around for her. As she looks around at the crowd she wonders about the people and whether they are making resolutions at this time.

Just as she turned around, this very handsome man bumps into her. "Excuse me," she said shyly.

"That's okay pretty lady." Sandra was a very beautiful women, even though she was in her fifties she look like she was in her thirties. "I was trying to get a New Year's kiss from you anyway. "I am Michael and I have had my eye on you since I saw you. Are you here alone?"

"Yes I am. My husband passed away in October and we had planned on coming here for New Years, so I did."

"Sorry to hear that, and I will take my leave. I would like to give my phone number with the hopes that I can speak with you next year." Michael is trying to be a gentleman, as he realizes it is probably to soon for Sandra to even think about seeing another man.

"That would be nice, but I am not from New York, I live in Florida."

"Well you could at least give me your name." Michael is not giving up on connecting with her.

"Oh sorry. You must think me ill-mannered. My name is Sandra, but you can call me Sandy."

"Okay Sandy, it was really nice to meet you. Hey are you on Facebook we could at least be Facebook friends." Michael just keeps thinking of ways to try to connect with her. There is something about her that has him needing to connect.

"Yes I am and you can find me under Sandra Lewis. It would be nice to be Facebook friends." Sandra was also thinking that he may just be what she will need in the new year to move on after dealing with taking care of her husband while he was sick.

"Well Sandy I look forward to being Facebook friends."

It has been a few months since she met Michael in Times Square, and she has been looking for a friend request from him since she returned home in January. Her friends have all been so supportive since she returned and she is beginning a new life alone. She has many new friends on Facebook and has found a few new friends in the grief support group. It is now Spring as the earth begins to start a new after the long winter months, she feels she should do the same. Sandra looks up dating services online and begins to think it is time to look for some companionship. The doorbell rings and she answers it and is surprised to find her friend of 30 years at the door.

"Hey Sandy I just stopped by to see how you were, and wanted to know if you would go out to dinner with me and Jim."

"Why Deb I would love to. When and where are you planning to go."

"Saturday night and we will be bringing along a dear friend of Jim's if you don't mind. We wanted to make it a foursome. Besides he is single and I thought you would like him. It is about time that you start dating again."

"Interesting that you should say Deb, because I was just thinking the same thing and was about to look at the online dating sites."

"Well great minds think alike my dear friend."

"Yes they do Deb, yes they do."

"Well we will see you Saturday at Franko's. You know I just love the atmosphere of that place."

"Yes I do, but it is also very expensive, and has a dress code." Sandra was not thrilled with spending that kind of money, but had already accepted the invitation.

"Why yes it does have a dress code." Debra said foxily. "So you better dress nice, and I mean sexy and beautiful."

"Okay, so I guess you are here for us to go shopping for what I am to wear Saturday." Sandra knows her friend showed up at her doorstep for some reason.

"You do know me Sandy."

The two of them shopped for hours to look for the perfect dress for Sandy to wear Saturday night. When they both agreed on a dress they went home. "Sandy this perfect you will look so beautiful and sexy."

"Thanks Deb, for helping me find a dress for Saturday."

Saturday night arrives and Sandy drives to the Franco's and uses their valet parking. She didn't want to walk far in her new heels. She enters the restaurant and sees Deb and Jim. It's just the two of them. "Wow Sandy you look beautiful, as I said you would." Debra says with a smile.

"Where is this friend of yours Jim, that Deb insist I met."

"Oh he will be here, let's just get a table and a drink until he arrives."

While Sandra, Deb, and Jim were ordering drinks this very handsome man in his late forties comes up to the table. Sandra recognizes him instantly, it was Michael, who she met in Times Square. She smiled and he looked right at her. "Well I guess a new beginning in Times Square equals a new beginning everywhere." He reaches for her hand,

"Do you already know him Sandy?" Deb was very confused.

"I met him when I went to New York to celebrate the New Year in Times Square."

A new beginning it was for the both of them.

Author Notes
I started to write this for a contest but didn't finish it in time for the contest. I just love all the input and feedback I get on my writing,

     

© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement