FanStory.com - The Cat That Hated Meby Ogden
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash Fiction Horror Story
The Cat That Hated Me by Ogden
HOrror writing prompt entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of sexual content.


I have always loved animals.

Except my wife's cat, Daphne. Soon after Susan adopted her, Daphne began behaving strangely. When I approached her, she'd arch her back, every hair stood on end, and, baring her fangs, she'd hiss threateningly. I soon came to realize, Susan's cat was jealous. Whenever we got into bed, Daphne would howl pitifully. 

We decided to keep her outside of the room, with the door closed.
But, incensed, Daphne reacted violently, clawing at the door and hurling her body at it. 

Reluctantly, Susan locked her in the basement.

Still, we heard her uninterrupted yowling. Next morning, Susan returned Daphne to the pound. When she explained the reason, the manager told her of Daphne's extraordinary history. Her previous owner, a young woman, committed suicide. Her diary revealed an unsatisfactory sexual relationship with her cat!

A month later, we began to hear Daphne's familiar nightly shrieking. Susan called the pound to inquire about the cat. Daphne had died the previous month from complications of a sexually transmitted disease! 

Yet, the disturbances continued, and we felt it necessary to sell the house. At a considerable loss.
We learned it had a reputation of being haunted by a caterwauling 
cat.



Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.

     

© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement