FanStory.com - Perfect Attendanceby papa55mike
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Some people go the extra mile.
Perfect Attendance by papa55mike

"Hi, I'm night shift supervisor, Jerry Taylor. What's your name, son?"

"Jacob Moore. Hey, what's this story I hear about the ghost in here?"

I smile, "I don't know if it's a ghost or not. I'd say it's old Tommy, still on the job."

Jacob begins to frown. "Old Tommy?"

"Yeah, Tommy Williamson. He was a custodian in this school for over forty years. Tommy had a streak of perfect attendance that lasted thirty-seven years, until his death."

"What happened to him?" Jacob asks.

"He went to sleep on a Sunday night and never woke up. I never heard what the doctor said he died from, but he was still on the job that Monday."

"You saw him?"

"No, but Tommy was the first one in the building, every morning. He was the custodian that turned all of the lights on and opened the school. That Monday, the lights were already on when I got here. I knew how he did things, where he put out all of the garbage cans, the way he cleaned the office, little things like that. The security cameras have recorded garbage cans rolling to where they belong, with nobody pushing them. That was Tommy, putting them where the teachers want them."

Jacob's eyes are huge. "Well, if I see any garbage rolling by themselves. It will be the last time you ever see me in here."

"You don't have to worry about Tommy. He's one of us, he'd never hurt you."

Suddenly, the school office door opens and closes all by itself.

I turn to Jacob. "See, Tommy won't...hurt...you." All I see is the back side of Jacob running out the front door. I start to laugh. "There goes another one, Tommy."


 

Author Notes
Another school story. The picture is the office door closing by itself. Many thanks for stopping by to read.

Have a great day and blessed New Year!
mike

     

© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement