FanStory.com - How surprise and angry we were.by robina1978
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story about a PET scan.
How surprise and angry we were. by robina1978

My husband, Robert, heard yesterday that the only result of this expensive scan was a bladder up till kidney level.

He complained to the nurses daily for quite some time, that his urine did not come out . They never checked, as if they considered him to be this weirdo patient. The nurses should have just established this themselves by echo or palpitation.

Now they rapidly put a catheter in. Fortunately they seemed to know to do this bit by bit. If you do it rapidly the patient goes in shock. They also managed to start training of the bladder with a clamp, Hooray.

Do you understand without this solved, I could not go and visit. I was so angry with them, I wished no tantrum for Robert's sake.

First I tried to phone his Lung Doctor, but he was off today.

With his own Medical Consultant I spoke not, but spoke to the one that was on call. I explained everything. He gave up green spit since days. He looked things up and promised to phone the ward, so he got his old antibiotics back.

That night I kept my fingers crossed and prayed as well.
Otherwise we considered the next to take.

Recognized

Author Notes
Thanks for Google for the picture.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement