FanStory.com - Royal Missiveby zanya
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Use these words
Royal Missive by zanya
Use These Words writing prompt entry

Duchess Elizabeth sat by the window in the breakfast room. The Duke was out for his morning canter. The sound of Spring birdsong could be heard through the open window.

Breaking the seal on the newly delivered letter, Elizabeth stared at the words in disbelief.

'No, what a silly girl', Elizabeth muttered. 'A Scottish army lieutenant,for a husband.'

Princess Helena, her favourite niece would be wed in three months to Lieutenant Morley.

Just then her husband, Duke Richard, strode through the breakfast room, invigorated by his early morning exertion. His ruddy face glowed in the early morning light.

'What a rotten life she will have in the windswept Hebrides. Far from court life in London,' Elizabeth called out to her husband.

'Who, my darling?' Richard replied nonchanantly

'Her young heart will break, all alone in the distant Highlands, when her husband is on active service,' Elizabeth continued.

'No , my darling quite the reverse, remember the old adage about absence making the heart grow fonder,' her husband enthused.

'Helena has enjoyed her time in finishing school in Switzerland and many years at court ,' Elizabeth remarked.'Her young woman's life will be miserable and deprived of royal company, why it is totally preposterous.
Dearest Richard, why do I feel the need to scream, though I would be utterly averse to upsetting the servants below stairs'.

'Elizabeth, my dear, try not to discommode our loyal servants. Their efforts are vital tonight for the success of our Spring ball. May I humbly suggest to you, dearest, that taking an early morning drink, a shot of brandy would be preferable. Calms the nerves. And should you feel so inclined why not share a tot with your darling husband?'


Writing Prompt
Write a story but use the following words: silly, rotten, heart, miserable, scream, drink. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking, drank)

Author Notes
Image courtesy of Google Images

     

© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement