FanStory.com - Tribute on the Gridironby RodG
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100-word contest entry
Tribute on the Gridiron by RodG
100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

"They're winning just for you, sir."

"Nope. Spirit. Pride. Something the Red Hawks never lacked."

It was half-time of the state football finals. The first time the Red Hawks had got that far since I led them six years earlier.

I had the best seat in the house, on the field by the Red Hawks bench.

Silence.

Then the announcer: "Please welcome this Veteran's Day, Oakdale High School's very own all-state quarterback, Captain Allen Pierson."

"Ready, sir?"

I smiled. "Take me out, Corporal."

I waved jubilantly as he pushed my wheel chair to the center of the field.


Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Author Notes
Thank you MK Flood for the use of your great artwork..

I wish to pay tribute today to all of America's veterans, living and dead. I also wish to pay tribute to all the teams playing in the Illinois high school state finals today.

Word Count: 100 exactly. Apple Pages

     

© Copyright 2024. RodG All rights reserved.
RodG has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement