FanStory.com - My Halloween story.by robina1978
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story about what Halloween should be and should not
My Halloween story. by robina1978
Halloween Horror Writing contest entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
My story does not have the required length , as I am so tired and pissed off:). To work day and night is never healthy for anybody, certainly not for me!!

Halloween I'd like to write about. Some of you might know that we don't have this in the Netherlands. I was going to write a poem, but that has expired.

I remember to write a poem last year, possibly I will post this at the end of this story.

I just found it, so here we go.

People scream everywhere,
not just here and there.
They open their door,
and see this killing clown.

He behaves as if he owns
the house, and also has
a very sharp knife.
Sharp enough to cut steak.

But many fear he is
searching for a human prey.
They are so right,
he kills them fast and efficient.

Halloween/trick-or-treating is a celebration for children on Halloween. Dressed up children go from house to house, asking for treats, such as candy, fruit or sometimes money. They ask the people: ' Trick or treat'. I am sure you are aware of the meaning. It is also related to religion. The point I want to make that with children it can't be very scary. So, certainly not like my poem, above.

Halloween is celebrated 31th October.
Jack-o'-lantern is one of the symbols of Halloween.
There are several other names for the day, All Hallows' Eve and All Saints' Eve.
Many Western Christian, and many non-Christians around the world celebrate this.
Halloween activities include attending Halloween costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfires, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories, and watching horror films. Also attending church services and lighting candles on the graves of the dead, remain popular.
It is widely believed that many Halloween traditions originated from ancient Celtic harvest festivals. Such festivals might have pagan roots.

Of course it can be as scary as possible for adults. Unfortunately I can't write so scary. Maybe the poem was slightly scary, but for this contest it has to be a story. So maybe you could look at Dean Cook's one. I bet you he'll win.

Recognized

Author Notes













Courtesy to Google for the nice picture.


     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement