FanStory.com - Possible suspect beside Monroeby SLMorrical
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The murders get more con fussing
Detective Monroe
: Possible suspect beside Monroe by SLMorrical

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of sexual content.
Background
A Serial killer that looks like the lead Detective, and the Detective is questioning his own sanity, and this makes the case even harder to solve as the killer keeps killing.

The alarm blared at seven am, forcing Monroe to sit up in bed, he began to think about the day before and what Bob had said about him being at Casey's that night. The phone rang, and after a moment Eddie decided to pick it up, "'ello!" Monroe was still a little groggy. It was Bob checking up on Eddie. Bob and Eddie have been friends since High School and have always looked out for each other.

"Eddie, you okay?"

"Yeah Bob, I am fine."

"You weren't yourself when you the left the bar last night, what's up?

"Bob I am wondering if I had anything to do with those women being killed."

"Eddie stop being silly, of course you had nothing to do with the killings."

"No really Bob, I think I am having blackouts from my injury last year. The doctor did say it could happen. What if I murdered those women during a blackout?"

"Eddie please stop torturing yourself, of all the people I know you are incapable of murder."

"I like to think so, but you said I was at the bar this afternoon, and Vicky's murder, it just too many coincidences." There was a strange tone in Eddie's voice.

"Look Eddie I am coming over, don't leave." Monroe hung up from Bob still questioning his state of mind.
Eddie wonders if he is losing his mind. He wondered if the head injury received last year was causing he blackouts, he remembers the head injury he received when he was knocked out during a collar. Could that injury be causing him to black out? Thinking about the last few weeks, something clicked. Eddie called the hospital to find out how Claire was. "Let me speak to Claire Sewer's doctor please."

Monroe was on hold for a while then the phone clicked; "This is Doctor Maxwell, how can I help you?"

"This is Detective Monroe I need some information on Claire Sewer, how is she?"

"She is doing just fine, she is resting and her psyche evaluation was normal, she will be released this afternoon."

"Thank you for your time Doctor Maxwell, goodbye." As soon as Monroe hangs up the phone, it rings.

Bob knocked on Monroe's door. "Come in Bob, I am expecting you." There was a tone in Monroe's voice that was different from this morning. Bob opened the door and was greeted by two uniform officers reading him his rights and applying handcuffs on his wrist.
"Hey Eddie what is up with this?"

"You are under arrest for the murder of five women."

"Eddie! Have you completely snapped?"

"No I am completely sane. No Thanks to you." Monroe was angry. "After I called the hospital to check up on Claire Sewer, the sub shop down the street called to let me know I had left my wallet there last night." Bob's expression changed to fear. "If I was at the sub shop last night, then I was not at the bar."

"Eddie you are crazy, and grabbing at straws." Bob's voice was cracking. "I saw you at the bar last night. I know that was you. I am innocent; I did not kill those women."

"I started to trace my whereabouts and the time the homicides occurred, and I was in your bar sometime during that day. What did you put in my drink Bob, and why?" Monroe sounded angry as he confronted Bob about these questions. "You had me questioning myself, questioning if I was capable of murder, and you almost got away with it Bob."

"Eddie you are crazy, why would I do something like that". Bob could not believe what was happening at that moment. It was like something you read about in a story, and how and why was it happening to him at this moment.

"Well Bob I think after we search your apartment, we will find the proof we need, and that includes the murder weapon." Bob was silent, holding a look of fear and confusion. "I am sure after we get a sample of your DNA, and your fingerprints, they will link you to the murders." Eddie Monroe sounded so sure of himself. "Come on, Bob, confess. It will go a lot easier on you."

"I can not believe you are serious Eddie. You have known me for years, how can you even consider such a thing?" Bob was pleading with Eddie.

"I know you are guilty Bob, and I am going to prove it." Monroe said sternly.

Officer Chad came in the door, "Detective Monroe, an officer has been sent to the hospital to question the girl".

"Good". A smile came over Eddie's face. "You see Bob, we have a witness; the girl saw you when you killed her mother."

Bob looked start in to Eddie's eyes, "Did she say that?"

"Bob confess now and the DA will go easy on you, and I will get you the help you need."
"Eddie I am not confessing to something I did not do!"

"Take him downtown, and book him for five counts of murder." Monroe was proud of himself he believed he cracked the case.

The next morning as Monroe was going over the evidence of the case, and the phone rang. "Hello, Detective Monroe homicide."

"Detective Monroe this is Tommy Sewer."

"Well Tommy how is your sister?"

"That is why I am calling she is missing."

Monroe thought how could she be missing, and Bob was in jail, so what did it mean?

"Tommy what do you mean missing? How could she be missing?"

"She never came home from the hospital last night."

"Ok, Tommy I will check it out for you, and don't worry I will find her."
"Thanks Detective, I really appreciate it."

Monroe hung up the phone. "Detective Monroe we have the search warrant," said a nearby officer. Monroe looked over at him.

"Thanks, but I do not think we need it." Monroe realized Bob maybe innocent. Monroe called the hospital. "Can I speak with Dr. Maxwell please, this is Detective Monroe."

Maxwell got on the phone and sounded a little confused. "Detective Monroe what can I do for you?"

"Dr. Maxwell, can you tell me when Claire Sewer was released, and who did she leave the hospital with?"

"Why she was released last night and left with you, don't you remember?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Detective, I am sure, because you introduced yourself to me."

"Thank you Dr. Maxwell." Eddie hung up the phone, and started to remember that Officer Chad had said an officer was on the way to the hospital, but what officer, and why did Dr. Maxwell insist it was Eddie?
Monroe went looking for Officer Chad to question him about the officer that went to the hospital. He found Chad in the locker room. "Hey Chad, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yes sir."

"Last night you said an officer was on the way to the hospital, do you know who was going there?"

"I believe it was Showers, sir."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Yes sir, he is on patrol and due back to the station soon."

"Thanks Chad." Monroe went to the desk sergeant and asked him to have Officer Showers come see him when is done patrol.

Monroe kept thinking about what Dr. Maxwell had said. Eddie thought how the Doctor could say it was me, when I was not there. Could I be having black outs, he thought to himself. I need to call Dr. Larson immediately, if only to insure my sanity.

There was a knock on his office door. It was Officer Showers. "You wanted to see me sir?"

"Yes I did Showers, come on in."

"What can I do for you sir?"

"Well Officer Showers did you go to the hospital and question the Sewer girl?"

"Yes sir, but when I arrived there; her Doctor said she left with you sir."

"He did?" Eddie Monroe sounded confused.

"Yes sir, he did."

"Did you see me or my car there Showers?"

"No sir, I did not."

"Ok thank you Officer." Officer Showers left Eddie's office very confused, as was Eddie. Eddie kept wondering why everyone believes he took the Sewer girl out of the hospital. Showers himself, stated he did not see Eddie or his car at the hospital, so Eddie could not have taken her out.
Eddie picked up the phone, and called the police shrink.

"Hello"

", Dr. Larson, this is Eddie Monroe; I was a patent of yours up until six months ago."

"Yes, Mr. Monroe what can I do for you?"

"Well Doc I think I am having blackouts."

"You knew this could happen with the type of head injury you sustain, would you like to come in for an appointment."

"Yes, and the sooner the better."

"How about tomorrow at ten in the morning, is that ok?"

"Ok Doc, see you then."

Author Notes
Detective Monroe continues to question his sanity and arrest a friend he thinks is guilt and drugging the Detective

     

© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement