FanStory.com - Do you wanna...by Mustang Patty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...a Picture This Poem
Do you wanna... by Mustang Patty



This work's really hard
Let me see how you did it
Your answer looks right
We should do this together
Two heads are better than one
 
 

Recognized

Author Notes
the Tanka form:

Written as a personal or emotional expression of themes such as natural beauty, love, the impermanence of life, the activities of the common people.

Composed with the priority of, "to be touched by things."

Syllabic, 31 or fewer syllables, most commonly 5-7-5-7-7, in variation the lines are best kept with odd-numbered syllables.

Normally but not always a 5-line poem, the 5-line pattern, however, does seem to prevail.

Defined by content and style more than the syllabic prescription. But there is still a pattern of short and long lines rather than a metered equal length.

The center line should be a pivot line, joining the two but also creating two viable pieces into one.

Thanks for reading.


This is a 'Picture This' poem. We are a group of FanStory poets who post a poem every two weeks, using an image selected by a member. Our poems are based on our interpretation of the image submitted. If you would like to become a member of 'Picture This,' simply look for the CLUBs under the community tab and join us. Thank you for reading my poetry.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement