FanStory.com - Time Passesby GWHARGIS
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A walk with my daughter
Time Passes by GWHARGIS

It was already dark, not ideal conditions for walking to the beach but Keirry wanted to go. She's just gotten into walking. Like me, it helps clear her mind and revive her soul. So, we set out in the dull moonlit path and walked.

She had one ear bud in so she could listen to music and still hear me. She brought her camera to take pictures of the large silver moon as it hovered over the ocean.

I walk fast. I like to say I walk New York style where people move at lightning speed. She doesn't. She's not slow, just not as fast as her mom. Every few minutes she'd lag behind and I'd stop, wait for her to catch up then proceed.

Now, Keirry is two inches taller than me, and quite capable of taking care of herself. To the world she is a woman. But while I was stopped, waiting for my 5'8" daughter to catch up, I saw a little girl with bright blue eyes and a tangle of curls coming at me. They were one in the same at that moment.

No matter how old our children get or how many accolades or awards they receive, they are still our children. A memory or fond moment will come to mind.

I guess seeing her with her camera, trying to capture the beauty of the full moon over the ocean made me remember when she was younger. Every day she'd discover something amazing on our walks.

For just a few minutes time faded away. Two worlds melded into one. The past and the present blended.

We continued on, her lagging and me waiting.

"Come on, catch up," I'd say.

"Mom, keep walking. I'm fine. I'm seventeen"

Not to me, little girl. Not to me.

Author Notes
Sorry, just an early morning rambling.

     

© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement