FanStory.com - The Angelby Mustang Patty
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
...Chapter 3 of the Waiting Room
The Waiting Room
: The Angel by Mustang Patty

Background
A telling story of the time we spend in anticipation of the most important meeting of our lives. We will discuss every moment, every decision, and our good moments along with the bad.



He opened and held the door for them.  As they made their way into the Waiting Room, he assessed their history and made special notes.  These souls have no idea of the journey they are about to embark on.  He has a wonderful plan for each of them.
 
This would certainly be an interesting group.  Among them were a Jew, a Protestant, a Catholic, a Mormon, a Buddhist, a Born-Again Christian, and one who wasn't quite sure what she believed.
 
God would show them their labels weren't what mattered.  No, it was what was in their hearts.  Their beliefs were based on the teachings of the world.  God had not sent His son to earth to start religions nor divide people into groups, but instead He had come to wash away all the sins of the world.  The world was ruled by the greatest sinner of all.  In his ignorance, he thought he was just as powerful and important as God.  Thrown out of Heaven, he did his best to confuse God's greatest creation, man.
 
As they passed through the door, some of the souls asked him questions or made remarks.
 
"Is this where we will meet Him?" asked Joe.
 
"I wonder how long this is going to take…" queried Austin.
 
"I'm really not sure that I'm supposed to be here just yet…" insisted Mark.
 
"Thank you so much for holding the door for me," Janelle said to Bartholomew.
 
Bartholomew wanted to answer each of their questions.  However, he wasn't supposed to explain or answer anything.  His job was to usher them into the Waiting Room.  From there, each soul was to learn everything he could or chose to.  Free will existed in the Waiting Room, just as it did in the world. 


Inside the doorway, a quote from scripture was displayed tastefully within a gilded frame: 

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Part of the group read the scripture and reflected on its meaning.  The others may or may not have heard this said somewhere in some fashion, but they didn't know what it really meant.

The Angel, Bartholomew, continued to watch with great interest.

"Please, feel free to take a seat, read, or investigate the machines.  You will each be called when it's your turn."

All eyes turned to him.  He could see fear, anticipation, and curiosity cross each one of their minds.  Yes, this would certainly be an interesting group.

Bartholomew watched as the seven souls found their place in the room.  Four of them gravitated to the machines lined up across the wall, and three of them chose to sit and wait. 

While there was a great deal of various reading material scattered throughout the room, one of the souls picked up the Bible and read as if cramming for a test.  Another casually read the latest sports magazine, and the other soul who had chosen to sit and wait, simply sat, and observed the others.

Suddenly, the door at the end of the room popped open.  A voice from within called, "Roger Cummings, please." 

Roger stood on shaky legs.  Leaving the comfort of the sumptuous chair was a bit like the shock of leaving the womb and breathing the first breath of the Earth's air.  He wasn't scared, nor was he curious.  He was certain he knew what was beyond the door. 

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw what awaited him, …

 

Recognized

Author Notes
photo courtesy of goodsalt.com
All Biblical Quotes come from The Holy Bible, King James Version

Without a great deal of dialogue, this chapter tells of the entrance into the Waiting Room. I know there is much more 'telling,' than 'showing,' and I apologize.



With this story, I do not intend to change anyone's beliefs or strong-arm anyone to accept what I believe. It is merely my intention to illustrate how I think it will be after we die. Just like movies like 'What Dreams May Come,' or 'Heaven Can Wait,' this is merely a viewpoint.

It is not my intention to offend anyone.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement