FanStory.com - Those Who Waitby Mustang Patty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...Chapter 2 of 'The Waiting Room'
The Waiting Room
: Those Who Wait by Mustang Patty

Background
A telling story of the time we spend in anticipation of the most important meeting of our lives. We will discuss every moment, every decision, and our good moments along with the bad.

In the first part of the story, we were shown the sumptuous 'Waiting Room.'  Its description tells of a wonderful place to wait for your appointment with Him.  Each one of our souls will spend time in this room.  This story chronicles the journey of seven souls.
 

 
Taking a quick look around the space, Janelle counted six people besides herself.  The white glow of the floors and walls was stark but comforting.  She was doing her best not to be impatient.  After all, where else did she have to be?
 
Across the room was a door with the small plaque, 'The Waiting Room.'  Standing to the side was a being of some sort.  It glowed from within, and while Janelle was pretty sure it was an Angel, she wasn't willing to bet her life on it.  She hadn't ever seen an Angel, and this was no time for hasty conclusions.
 
The group was starting to look around and Janelle noticed one woman staring at her with great interest. 
 
"Excuse me?  Aren't you Janelle..., the super model?"
 
Instantly, the other five people turned to look in her direction.  Feeling a bit uncomfortable, she straightened her shoulders and looked back evenly.  "Why, yes.  I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know who you are…?"
 
Though Janelle had already dubbed her, 'Miss Nosey Parker,' the woman replied her name was Adele.  She then turned and held out her hand.  The guy beside her shook her hand, "Hi, I'm Joe.  I guess we're not using last names, huh?  Kind of like Alcoholics Anonymous?"
 
The bad joke fell flat, and the introductions continued.  Janelle recited each name to herself as they went around the space.  There was Nosey, Joe, Austin, Lisa, Mark, and Roger.  Knowing each other's names, they started to chat.  Naturally, Nosey wanted everyone to 'share,' and she led the discussion as to where everyone came from and how old they were.
 
As it turned out, the small talk made Janelle feel less nervous.  She listened to all of them tell a shorthand version of their story.  She wondered if they would get to know more.  Would they all be together for eternity?  Or did the Waiting Room also serve as a hub for Heaven?  You know, kind of like a sorting place where it would be decided which level you went to.
 
Janelle wasn't sure where she would end up in the grand scheme of things.  She knew she believed in God, but could she honestly say she had lived her life for Him?  Or had she simply been self-centered and vain?  Did she live the life He intended for her?  Feeling the knot form in her stomach as she asked herself these questions, she decided to list her shortcomings instead.  These things were much easier to identify.
 
Janelle had always been vain.  During her twenty-two years on earth, she rarely thought of anyone besides herself.  She was a pretty little girl.  Everyone told her so.  Her mother and father, for sure, but then her looks caught the attention of a casting director, and everything took off from there.  She was the center of attention from the time she was born.  First, it was just the family, and then it was her first television show.  There was an entire crew dedicated to making her look, and feel good.
 
When the television series ended, she finished school and continued her voice and dancing lessons.  When puberty hit, she grew to a lovely five feet, ten inches, and filled out in all the right places.  Her agent was quickly able to find her jobs in the modeling world.  There followed so many magazine covers, she lost track.  She flew all over the world to have her photo taken in exotic places.
 
She didn't have time to go to church or read the Bible.  Were these requirements to enter Heaven?  Was there a chance she could be sent to Hell from this beautiful place?
 
No.  She didn't want to believe that.
 
Startled from her self-examination, she heard Nosey gasp as the Angel directed them to the now open door.  Holding her breath, she entered the room…
 
 
…to be continued

 

Recognized

Author Notes
photo from Google images

With this story, I do not intend to change anyone's beliefs or strong-arm anyone to accept what I believe. It is merely my intention to illustrate how I think it will be after we die. Just like movies like 'What Dreams May Come,' or 'Heaven Can Wait,' this is merely a viewpoint.

It is not my intention to offend anyone.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement