FanStory.com - Heeding Lessons from Old Peopleby patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Philosophy to consider
Heeding Lessons from Old People by patcelaw
























How many old people who in their younger years, did things of merit. Yet, when they are old, there is no one who wants to hear from them. Sadly, so many young people are missing so much by not being willing to listen to the old people in their lives. For the wisdom and knowledge they have didn't come from books. Much of it came from their life experiences.

This is a problem that has existed as long as man has lived. However, I think it has become worse with the many devices our young have at their hands.

As I look back, I wish I had listened to old people more and heeded their warnings about the pitfalls in life. If I had listened more, would I have made fewer mistakes as a teen and a young mother? Maybe, but I cannot go back to those days and change anything.

It is my hope that my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, will have learned something of value from me that will help them live their lives. Helping them in a way that they have learned some lessons and will have fewer regrets as they age.


-Patricia Lawrence
9-12-17


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Inspired by a review I wrote to another writer.
The photo is of my grandparents on their wedding day in 1898
My grandfather was one of those special old people who I loved to listen to for his wisdom and his care.
This I consider a soap box offering from an old lady who has experienced many things in my life, some good and some not so good. But, boy did I learn a lot of lessons not to be found in books,

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement