FanStory.com - Dinner at eight don't be lateby Possummagic
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A couple are falling in. Love what will happen?
Dinner at eight don't be late by Possummagic
    A Deep Secret Contest Winner 

Bradley had rung this morning and sounded as though he had something special on his mind.

We'd been seeing each other for over twelve months now and things were getting kind of serious.
Yet I didn't know anything about him. Where he came from, his family background, in fact nothing other than I had seen over the past twelve months.

I had asked him of course, but he always fobbed me off or changed the subject and led me down a different path.

So tonight, could be the night. Maybe he's going to introduce me to his family. Or maybe he's going to propose. Oh my God he's going to propose, that's probably it. I was getting more excited as the day progressed.

'Oh Marie,' I thought. 'Give yourself a break. He's probably going to tell me, he can't see me anymore.'

We haven't actually been fully intimate as yet, which was difficult at first. Then after I got used to the idea that he was saving it for marriage one day, quite cute.

I tried to get through some of the paperwork on my desk but my thoughts kept drifting back to Bradley and whatever it was he was going to tell me tonight. At three thirty pm I decide to use my "early minute" for the week and head off to Evie, my favourite hairdresser who knew exactly what to do to make my hair look fantastic. Ruby was booked to gel my nails afterwards.

"What's the occasion?" Evie inquired.

"I'm not sure actually, Bradley has asked me on a special date tonight, and I don't really know what to expect," I replied.

"A ring," Evie and Kim chorused. "Oh I doubt it." I coloured slightly. I didn't want to prematurely think about a ring, or guessing that he might ask me to marry him.

"We'll see." I was clearly evasive, and changed the conversation to the new diet that we were all trying.

"I left the salon feeling like a million dollars. I was so excited. So I decided to soak in the bath for half an hour. It wouldn't affect my new hairstyle. But I was so restless in the bath I was in for only ten minutes or so, before I hopped out to get ready for my date.

I laid out my favourite lingerie on the bed; a lovely black bra and matching panties, a garter belt with silk stockings and under slip.

Reaching into my special" wardrobe, I selected a slinky black number which hugged my figure nicely. It also helped that it was one of Bradley's favourites.

A dab of Coco Chanel behind the ears, I knew Bradley could never resist. A touch of lipstick completed my makeup.

Bradley arrived shortly after and we headed off to our favourite French Restraunt "Oo la la". He looked so handsome, in his navy coloured jumper and it highlighted his blonde hair and blue piercing eyes.

No sooner had we sat down when Bradley started to talk about our relationship and how we had become quite close to each other. He was really nervous so I took his hand and said "it's okay Bradley I know there are things we need to talk about and it's all fine. I know what you are going to say."

"You do?" Bradley asked. "But how can you know, when I only found out this morning?"

I was getting quite confused, so I suggested that he just come out with it. The suspense was killing me.

"I know we've grown closer over the past twelve months," Bradley started, "and I'd like us to get closer still." I smiled a knowing smile.

"But I'm in witness protection indefinitely, and I need to move on for my own safety. I'd like you to go with me."

I just sat there with my mouth open and thought. 'Well he had me fooled. I'd never have guessed he was going to say that!'

'I suppose I'll have to make a decision.'

"Wow Bradley, that's a lot to digest all at once." I exclaimed. "It's really exciting but scary too. I really need to think about this."

Bradley looked at me with so much love in his eyes. "I know I have a lot to explain, but just remember, I'm a good person. Just because I'm in witness protection, it doesn't necessarily mean that I have done something wrong. I just need protection and I think that if you and I are to make this relationship permanent, you will need protection too."

We both became very quiet and thoughtful. There was a lot to consider.

" Well, I guess we should go somewhere private, to discuss where we go from here." I suggested.

"Yes, I agree." Replied Bradley , still wearing that loving smile. " Your place or mine?"

"Waiter, bill please!"





Writing Prompt
The topic for this writing contest is: a deep secret. Share a story based on the topic.
A Deep Secret
Contest Winner

Author Notes
A young couple have a relationship for more than twelve months. She doesn't know how serious he is. So they meet at dinner to discuss their relationship and she gets a huge surprise. He's in witness protection and would like her to go in with him. Decision!

     

© Copyright 2024. Possummagic All rights reserved.
Possummagic has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement