FanStory.com - Me and my faith.by robina1978
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An essay about my experiences with faith
Me and my faith. by robina1978
Faith writing prompt entry
Artwork by Linda Bickston at FanArtReview.com

When we came into this world, our parents did not get us baptised. They themselves were Protestants. Their reason was that we could only decide this in adulthood.

I never really agreed with this. From quite a young age I started praying, in silence, and nobody knew.

I visited many different churches. The ones where our Au pair went or my friends. They were Catholic, or Old Catholic, protestants, reformed, Evangelical, Baptist and even a mosque. I was interested in all religions. I even sometimes discussed this in our local pub.

Most people like discussing certain subjects. I do anyway. Do all of you do this as well?

Prayers and religion can support so many. So thanks for all your prayers.

At primary school I had a Catholic girlfriend. I joined her at a playschool based on religion.

When we settled down in Alphen a/d Rijn in the Netherlands, I met a minister in the old people's home. My adopted Granny lived there. So after some thoughts I asked if she was prepared to baptise me. She answered: 'yes, certainly'. In a way it turned out to be funny. When the female minister checked if things were OK. I heard her cursing as the only one; most elderly have hearing problems. At least that showed me she was a human being.

The first time I lost my religion in the period my husband was operated for his stomach cancer. My brother in law phoned if he could pray for him. I thought you do this without a request. But he and the family are Evangelical, different from all other religions.

Now it goes a bit up and down with mood and all medical issues.


Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay about faith.

Author Notes
Many thanks to Linda Bickston for the beautiful artwork.
Sorry I missed that it has to be poetry, my one is an essay.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement