FanStory.com - Dream Or Nightmareby patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Biographical happening
Dream Or Nightmare by patcelaw




















Zechariah 14:11-12 King James Version

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.


As a seven year old at the end of WW II, I had apparently heard a report of what happened to people when the bombs were dropped on Japan . That night I dreamed or had a nightmare that would be best described in Zechariah 14:12. In the nightmare I was standing and watching the people around me have their flesh being consumed and their eyes and tongues consume away and there was fire all around the scene. I can remember awakening and I was trembling at the sight, because in the scene were some of my family members including my twin brother whom I loved so dearly. From time to time I would recall the dream/nightmare and could not really understand it until I was reading through my Bible and came across this passage from the minor prophet Zechariah. I really do not remember the radio report, but I am sure that must have been the cause of my dream/nightmare.

Is it possible that what happened to me be connected to the following verse?


Joel 2:28 King James Version

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:


-Patricia Lawrence
5-25-17

 

Author Notes
I was not sure if I should put a warning on this, but felt I didn't need t warn, since it is essentially about how the Bible passage reads.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement