FanStory.com - This is not normalby Delahay
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Politics
This is not normal by Delahay

We cannot allow what is currently happening to become the norm. It is not normal.

The blatant lies, flip flops, dismissive attitude towards large groups of American citizens, intolerance of anyone who doesn't look, act, or think "right" or have the same beliefs as so-called real Americans do not make us great. Or even good.

True patriots do not have to proclaim themselves as such, or tell others they are not patriotic if they do not support a particular group's ideas of what our country is or should be. Disagreeing with our president or his policies is not unpatriotic nor does it make anyone a traitor, as I've seen some people called. Disagreeing with our elected officials is a fundamental right as Americans, and our president works for us. We are not required to like or agree with him and if he wants my respect, it will have to be earned. Mocking the disabled, demeaning veterans, women and minorities, whining, and false bragging does not win any points with me. Making everything all about him does not win any points either. When speaking at a graduation, he should congratulate the students, say something motivational. Not start a rant about how mistreated he is. He needs to stop campaigning, stop golfing, and do his job!

If the president does not like or agree with what the media is saying about him or his policies it does not automatically make what they say FAKE NEWS! Journalists are not in the business of promoting the president's policies or flattering him to boost his ego. They should stick to reporting the news and making sure what they report is true.

Americans should have higher standards for journalism than we have been accepting for some time. Sound bites are not news and headlines are not the whole story. We need to demand facts and expect background and research to have been done when we listen to or read a news story. Our politicians should be held accountable for their words and actions. We have access to huge amounts of data, we should be able to tell if a politician is telling the truth or what their record is on an issue. If we are too lazy to do research, we deserve what we get.

I would like to know why we need to make America great again? We are already a great nation and have been for a long time. Is there a point in time where we were once great that we need to go back to? What would that time be and what was great about it? Should we long for the Cold War, racial discrimination, even less equal pay for women and minorities, unsafe drinking water, pollution, unregulated medicines and medical practices, unsafe working conditions, etc. etc.? The list could go on and on.

We should not settle for electing our presidents based on who we think will do the least damage to our country and our well being. What will it take to get competent, capable candidates who are willing to run for political offices in America?

     

© Copyright 2024. Delahay All rights reserved.
Delahay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement