FanStory.com - Pirates of the Caribbean by Gypsy Blue Rose
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 5/7/5 movie review contest entry
2017 JAPANESE POETRY
: Pirates of the Caribbean by Gypsy Blue Rose
Haiku Movie Review writing prompt entry





Captain Jack Sparrow

makes the Spanish and British

Empire look like fools










 


Writing Prompt
Write a Haiku. A Haiku has three lines. The first line has 5 syllables. The second line has 7 syllables. The third line has 5 syllables again. Take ANY movie and write a 5-7-5 haiku or senryu style review of it. Be serious or humorous...either way, act as if you were a movie critic and have fun!

Author Notes
I don't mean to offend the Spanish and British people. This is just a movie critique.

The stories followed the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley). Characters such as Hector Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and Joshamee Gibbs (Kevin McNally) follow Jack, Will, and Elizabeth in the course of the films. The fourth film featured Blackbeard (Ian McShane) and Angelica (Penlope Cruz), while the fifth film will feature Armando Salazar (Javier Bardem), Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaites) and Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario). The films take place in a fictional historical setting; a world ruled by the British Empire, the East India Company and the Spanish Empire, with pirates representing freedom from the ruling powers.
The film series
2003 with Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, grossed US$654 million
2006 , Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest US $1.1 billion
2007 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, $1 billion
2011 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, $1 billion
2017 A fifth film, subtitled Dead Men Tell No Tales, is set to be released on May 26




     

© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement