FanStory.com - Simbaby Mustang Patty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My used cat
Pet Stories
: Simba by Mustang Patty
Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry

Simba was the hands-down favorite of all the cats I've owned.  He had a personality and funny mannerisms.  His glossy, long, fur was soft, and his tufted ears never failed to delight me.  Though twenty-pounds of pure black cat sounds fat, he was just very large.

I always considered him a used cat because we adopted him when he was four years old.  We found him at a pet store waiting to be taken home.  I was intrigued by his size and age, but wondered about the bonding experience. 

Turns out, there was nothing to worry about.  After Simba got used to his surroundings, he was quite the talker and followed me everywhere.  He yearned to be in my lap, and his size made me feel like I had a lap dog.  His chatter made me laugh, and we used to have long conversations.

We were lucky enough to enjoy his company for another five years.  His antics brought much laughter and his big heart encompassed mine.  At only nine years old, he was gone.  I have missed him every day since. He was unique and most definitely far from used, or less than perfect.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.

Recognized

Author Notes
I still love this fat cat.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement