FanStory.com - Drakoby Brett Matthew West
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
War erupts in the land of Exober
Drako by Brett Matthew West
Begin This Story writing prompt entry
Artwork by lynnkah at FanArtReview.com

Blackness, sinister and foreboding, saturated the icy cold dawn. The roaring wind cascaded deep into the isolated valley. Two piercing eyes glowed fiery red. Illuminated coals on a bed of hot embers. This was Drako's domain and he ruled his kingdom tyrannically.

Hordes of noble warriors clashed on these moors. Their lifeblood voraciously spilled on the terrain he treasured. The savage combatant courageously conquered all enemies who challenged him in the land of Exober.

From the east, he beheld invaders swiftly approach. Their horses thundered. The battle would soon begin.


Writing Prompt
In no more than 100 words write the beginning of this story. Your entry must start with these two sentences or it will not count:

Blackness, sinister and foreboding, saturated the icy cold dawn. The roaring wind cascaded deep into the isolated valley.

NOTE: Although I listed this as horror, any genre is okay. Write your story as war, romance, horror, mystery, or whatever else floats your boat. NO POETRY!

Just have fun with it!

Author Notes
Drako the Ferocious rules his kingdom tyrannically against all who enter.








The War Begins, by lynnkah, selected to complement my story.

So, thanks lynnkah, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my story.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement