FanStory.com - Did He Say Yes?by LoannaLois
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It's difficult when she isn't sure.
Did He Say Yes? by LoannaLois
What did you say? Dialog Challenge contest entry

Agnes: Oh, Mr. Darcy,I can't believe that hopefully, it's our wedding day. Mother will soon be here.

Mr. Darcy: Undoubtedly, there is meanness in all the arkts which ladies sometimes condescend to employ for captivation.

Agnes: Oh dear, surely you don't feel 'tricked' into marriage with me. I love you! Why, the poems you wrote to me asked me for my heart. And you may have it.

Mr. Darcy: I have been used to consider poetry as the food of love.

Agnes: Oh dear, is that the problem? I can't cook...? Well, I'll learn! I'll start reading cookbooks. I promise.

Mr. Darcy: Nothing is more deceitful than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast.

Agnes: Oh sweetie, I have other qualities that you might find even more valuable than cooking. Why, we have never walked together, or danced!

Mr. Darcy: Do not you feel a great inclination, then, to seize such an opportunity of dancing a reel?

Agnes: Dearest, I should have mentioned...I don't know how to dance, either, but I'll learn. I'll take lessons! Can't we just sit and enjoy each other's company this time? We can enjoy watching the others...and, Mr. Darcy, what in heaven's name is a reel?

Mr. Darcy: I have not the smallest objection to explaining...you either choose this method of passing the evening because you are conscious that your figure appears to the greatest advantage in walking- if the first,
I should be completely in your way; and if the second,I can admire you much better as I sit by the fire.

Agnes: Dear, I believe Mother has arrived. You have to decide if you are going through with this, and decide quickly!

Mr Darcy: I am! I am not afraid of you. When I went away, I felt it would soon happen.

Agnes: My dream has come true, Mr. Darcy.











Recognized

Author Notes
The book from which Mr.Darcy's conversation came is Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
This was more difficult than I imagined, because the conversations had to mesh...but it was really fun.




     

© Copyright 2024. LoannaLois All rights reserved.
LoannaLois has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement