FanStory.com - Booking Flightsby Mustang Patty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Big news in my life
Family Poems and Stories 2010-2017
: Booking Flights by Mustang Patty

It's been a great few days.  After a great deal of soul-searching, I've decided to go visit my son in Minneapolis.  In early May, I will be flying from Portland, Oregon to a strange city.  I will stay in a hotel in the downtown area, have my semi-homeless son stay with me, and spend some much-needed time with one of my favorite people in the world.
 
For those of you that follow my writing, you know that my son is living with an addiction.  In all honesty, I don't know if he is using crack or crystal meth.  All I know is that I haven't seen him in over a year, though he texts and calls quite often.  My book in progress, 'One Man's Journey to Get Clean' is based on my deepest hopes and dreams of my son entering rehab.  While the story is somewhat biographical, I've classified it as fiction, because he isn't even ready to enter rehab at this point.
 
My hubby and I decided I should go and see Gregory since I'm also going to see our daughter and her family.  So, I have one trip in May, and one trip in June.  Spending time with my kids is a special treat.  Our little nuclear family fulfilled dreams I had as a child.  There are three people in my life that know me, love me, and accept me for who I am.
 
Booking the flights was an adventure.  After I spent over an hour trying to find a flight and hotel package via the numerous travel sites, I was exhausted.  Whatever happened to the days when you could call a travel agent and have it all done for you?   I finally simply went to the Southwest Airlines website and used their vacation service.  I already had an idea of the hotel I wanted to stay in, so it was easier by the time I got to their site.  Prior to that, I was out in the weeds.  I was presented with over fifty flight selections at times I didn't want to fly.  The packages with flight and hotel varied greatly in price, and I had to go to each hotel's website to get the real scoop.  I think I read over 100 reviews of various hotels.  I perused the amenities, and I looked for something close to restaurants and points of interest.
 
My patient hubby and the ever-present dogs sat next to me on the couch as I frowned and muttered at my computer screen.  I could hear my mate chuckle as I grew more and more frustrated.  It was his suggestion to use Southwestern's website. 
 
Although the flights may not have been the cheapest, I know how the airline works and enjoy not having to pay for checked bags.  I chose a Best Western Plus, because we know the quality and level of service in the chain.
 
I wanted to share this information with you, my Fan Story family.  I have been so encouraged by all of you that have read my stories.  The comments, suggestions, and kind words help to sustain me as I face the biggest challenge in my life.  I pray this trip will bring my son one step closer to recovery.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
This is just a little slice of life story. I cannot tell you how I am excited at the prospect of getting to spend time with both of my children. Any time I get with them is precious. When I visit my daughter, Heather, I get to spend time with my grand babies. I'm sure new stories will come from that experience. Thanks for reading along,
~patty~

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement