FanStory.com - Hailey's Birthby Mustang Patty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Welcoming my grandbaby to the world
Family Poems and Stories 2010-2017
: Hailey's Birth by Mustang Patty
I Remember contest entry

I remember the day she was born.  No one prepared me for the joy I would feel when she made her appearance in the world.  Lucky enough to be in the delivery room, I watched as she drew her first breath.  I heard her first cry, and watched as she shook her tiny fists at the world she was thrust into.
 
My joy at the sight of her was only eclipsed by the pride I felt for my daughter.  She went through childbirth with no pain killers.  Only her will to bring forth the life inside sustained her through the ordeal.  Her pain was replaced with a special joy when she looked upon her baby's face.
 
We had purposely waited to find out the sex of the baby.  This only made her arrival more of a wondrous surprise.  I didn't tell anyone of my deep desire for a granddaughter.  I longed for the kind of connection I had with my own Grandma.
 
When the nurses were done measuring and cleaning, my daughter and son-in-law held her in wonder.  Her tiny rosebud mouth yawned and we all held our breath as she shrugged her shoulders with the breath.  I could watch that little face for hours, and I rejoiced in the fact that I was there to witness the miracle.
 
Finally, it was my turn, and my heart was full as my son-in-law lay her in my arms.  "Say hello to Grammy, Hailey."  And so, the adventure began.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
When my granddaughter was born, I don't think I was fully prepared for the love that would grow immediately. My bond with her was as strong as it had been with my daughter and son - something I could hardly anticipate.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement