FanStory.com - Chapter Sechs part eineby barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A plan is discussed.
Perennials of War
: Chapter Sechs part eine by barbara.wilkey

Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?

ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

When Anderson returned, Shana stood and handed him the papers. After she watched him place them in a floor safe, she said, "Thank you. If you don't mind, I'll go to my room."

He nodded. "Jane will let you know when dinner's ready. After dinner, we'll talk."

Today's Post:
Chapter 6 part 1

When Anderson sat at the dinner table, he scanned the room. Jane sat beside him, and then he asked, "Where's Shana?"

"I went to get her, but she was sound asleep. I decided not to bother her. I think the events of the day wore her out. She even had on her pajamas." Jane adjusted the napkin on her lap.

"I've already fixed her a plate. I'm sure she'll be hungry when she wakes up," offered Helen. "She did have a very busy day. Does anybody know why she left?"

"Pass the vegetables." Anderson held out his hand.

"You do know." Jane handed him a bowl filled with stir fried vegetables. "Either you can answer now, or I'll ask Shana when she wakes up."

"I didn't directly do anything to cause her to leave. If that's what you're suggesting."

Helen held up a platter of meat. "What did you indirectly do?"

"She overheard part of my conversation with Isaiah and thought she would cause problems with my getting custody of Emily. So she left." Anderson took a drink. "Can I have the meat now?"

"That poor child." Jane set her fork down.

"That poor child almost got herself kidnapped. Thank heavens the dogs sensed something was going on." He glanced at Helen. "Let them have a special treat tonight." He set the platter down. "Jeff deserves a bonus too."

"What do you plan to do now?" asked Philip.

"I honestly have no idea." He took a bite of steak, chewed, and then swallowed. "I guess we wait and see what their next move is."

"That's not like you." Philip took a drink.

"I know, but this is a whole new ballgame. Has Shana mentioned a time-frame when the museum will give her an answer?"

Jane shook her head. "Not that I've heard."

"Their response may dictate our next move." Anderson studied his dinner plate. "Helen, this is really good, but I don't have much of an appetite."

"Do you want me to save it? Maybe you'll feel like eating when Shana wakes up."

Anderson stood, "I'd appreciate it," and left the dining room.

Moments later, Philip joined Anderson in the den. "What's bothering you?"

"I'm not sure. I can't put my finger on it." Anderson took a deep breath and then leaned back in his chair. "Shana's family has every right to get the artwork back. I'm just not sure after seventy years it can happen. Did Ivan Morozov's family actually have anything to do with it getting stolen or is he an innocent bystander too? The Nazi's stole it and the Russians probably stole it from them."

"I guess he would at least be guilty of receiving stolen goods." Philip leaned forward in his chair. "I'll add, since he's with the Russian Mafia he's guilty of a lot."

"That part's true." Anderson moved the chair closer to the desk and picked up an ink pen. "This painting must be important to Morzov for more than artistic or monetary value. We need to find out what that is."

"Any ideas?" Philip chuckled. "I guess there's not enough time to put a mole in his organization."

"I don't know anybody who has that kind of pull."

Philip raised his eyebrows. "Between the four of us, I bet we do know somebody. Ask Jane and Helen to come in." He thought for a moment. "I'll speak with Jeff. He may be our best shot."

"We'll talk with him first thing in the morning." Anderson called the two women. "Jane and Helen are on their way."

Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back
Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells
Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits
Jeff Burke-- takes care of Anderson's cars - - and other sundry chores
Helen -- Anderson's cook
Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper
Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend and confident
Ben -- Anderson's dog walker
Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd
Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd
Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd
Aaron -- Shana's older brother
Ivan Morozov -- owner of the painting 'Winter-Traum' by Bruno Schmidt - formally 'Litzlberg am Attersee' by Gustav Klimt
Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidentally chose a real person, so I have changed it.
Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife
Emily -- Anderson's five-year-old daughter
Detective Campbell & Detective O'Reilly --New York City Police Detectives


Recognized

Author Notes
Once again I made a lot of last minute changes. I hope I didn't make it worse. It would be nice to be completely satisfied with a post.

Thank you Google Images for an image of a Star of David. I appreciate all of your reviews and the help and support you give me. I'm listing this under romance because it is a romance, but those of you who have previously followed me know my romances are more than just romance, this novel will have suspense as an underlying theme.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement