FanStory.com - My Jobs From Go To Woe.by Sankey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Rundown of my employment 1968-1997.
Geoffrey's Musings.
: My Jobs From Go To Woe. by Sankey

I have written, in a different fashion, about this elsewhere as part of my life story. However, seeing some have decided to do this, I thought, why not?


1.December 1967.Stanbrown's Menswear First week in December. Aged 16 and almost 10months. Got to serve a few customers, mostly cleaning the floor. Sacked afterwards as they decided they wanted a Senior instead of a Junior. The longest week of my life, since leaving school the month before.

2. December 1967. A half day on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, just prior to Christmas at Franklins Supermarket. Mainly car service with customer's shopping trolleys (the tips were good)...and moving boxes in the store.

3. January 1968-July 1969. Nearly 17 - 18 and a half. First full-time position at a Music store in the city. Shop assistant and Organ Demonstrator. It looked like the old fellow that owned the store was going to quit, so thought better to move before being put off.

4. July 1969 - February. 1970...18 and a half till 19yrs 2 months. York Air Conditioning. Office boy general messenger and all round lunch collector and mail and banking. Had started a Commerce Certificate course at night to improve my chances of a better job. Redunded out in February 1970.

5. February 1970- March 1974...Nearly 19 thru to just on my 23rd birthday. Became a shop assistant in a Stationery Store. I had advanced to a position entailing checking the registers starting early and finishing early every day, as well as general shop assisting. I wanted work nearer home so I applied for a position at a local University closer to home.

6.April 1974 - February 1977. 23 - 25. Employment with a department of the Macquarie University, handling distribution of audiovisual equipment and running movies for lectures all over the University.  I left this job to go to Bible College. I think my most favourite time there was doing the lighting settings for their Dramac review just prior to the commencement of the University Year in 1977.

7.February 1977 - November 1977.  25 - 26. Attended Bible College. I was not to continue due to health problems.

8.February 1977 - September 1977. 26. Part time work at a music studio in Hornsby on the North Shore of Sydney. Teaching organ in the studio and working in the associated music store.

9. September 1977 - 8th August 1983. 26 -32 Self- employed Music Teacher, teaching piano and electronic organ in people's homes.

10. August 1980 - October 1980 Part-time employment in a Music store in St Marys then Seven Hills, Sydney. Put off.

11. February 1981 - August 1983 "Spruiker" promotions in a supermarket in Grace Brothers Department Store, Parramatta.  INvolving Public Adress systems on the floor of the supermarket and store P.A. work.

12. August 1983 - November 1984 Australian Government in the Sydney Tax Office. Clerical Assistant.

13. November 1984 - September 1986 Promotion to Clerical Assistant Grade 2, still in Australian Government at Concord War Veteran's Hospital.

14 September 1986 - November 1989 New Clerical Grade promotion to Branch Office of Veteran's Affairs in the City. Working in treatment section dealing with War Vets' various treatment needs.

15. November 1989 - Transfer to Parramatta Sales Tax. Eventually amalgamation of Sales and Business Taxes and transferred to  Penrith Tax Office in 1994.

16. 1994 -1997 Penrith Withholding Taxes area promotion to Client Service Officer Grade 2. Dealing with late payment penalties, registration of businesses for Group Employer's taxes  Towards the end of my time there working with Debt Collection.  In 1997 I resigned, ending almost 30 years of either full-time, part-time or self employmernt. I qualified for a Disability Pension, having been informed by our doctors I could have been on Disability all my life. Glad, though, I had been a taxpayer for nearly 30 years.

Recognized

Author Notes
I have tried not to reveal too much of the intricacies of Government employment due to privacy regulations.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement