FanStory.com - Starting Youngby prettybluebirds
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The jobs I have had in my lifetime.
Starting Young by prettybluebirds

Just thought I would give my friends here on FanStory a list of the jobs I had in my 71 years of life on this planet.

1. Age 7-15 I picked cherries on my dad's farm every summer. Dad paid his children the same wage the Mexican workers received, so it definitely qualifies as a job.

2. Age 16-18 I worked summers at a riding stable located in Mears, Michigan. This was one fun job and I have some interesting stories I will write about later.

3. Age 19 Worked for a short time in a maraschino cherry plant in Hart, Mich. The wage was 1.25 an hour. I got married shortly thereafter and quit that dead-end job.

4. Age 20-25 Worked for Sealed Power Corporation in Muskegon, Mich. The starting wage was 2.75 an hour; good money for the late sixties. I got raised to 4.00 an hour in less than a year and felt like a rich person. I made more money than my husband and most other folks of that era.

5. Age 27-30 My husband and I moved north to Bitely, Mich. The drive to Muskegon and caring for my two-year-old son was a bit rough, so I took a job at Wolverine Shoe Factory in Big Rapids, Mich. It was closer and a lot of other women in our area worked there. We took turns driving and I got more rest that way.

6. Age 33-34 My husband and I divorced, so I moved back to my hometown of Shelby, Mich. I spent the next year working for a low wage in a candle factory. It was interesting and fun work, but not too lucrative.

7. Age 35-65 Met the man I'm married to today at the age of 34. We had a dairy farm for 30 years, then beef cattle for a couple of more years after that. It was hard work with some interesting moments now and then.

8. Age 65 to 71 After my husband was injured by a bull we retired, and now I have time to do things like this as well as paint a bit. It's been a long and busy life.




Recognized

Author Notes
This is the list of jobs I have worked at in my lifetime. Maybe some other Fantorians would like to show us some of the careers they chose or where they have been employed. It's just for fun.

     

© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement