FanStory.com - The Battle's Endby davisr (Rhonda)
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
All good things must come to an end. The final chapter...
The Daredevil Girls From Bunker Hil
: The Battle's End by davisr (Rhonda)

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Background
The Battle of Milton Middle School ends as forces of good fight those of evil. From this battle, a new respect and knowledge of supernatural beings is born, as is a new generation of Daredevils.

Nancy, Victor and Akie were in the auditorium fighting the witches and their henchmen werewolves when the witches escaped into a bomb shelter, activating an explosive devise in the boiler room as they left.

Bruce was evacuating students from the building, and into vans good vampires manned.

Tabby and Elizabeth had just led their students to Bruce.

Sean, Becky and the student, Tommy, were given the task of dismantling the bomb. Failng to do so, Sean performed an energy draining magical procedure that froze time. Enlisting the help of Jerry, he got the vampire to turn into his bat form and carry the bomb safely away from the school.


The story continues:



Accompanied by Becky, Sean carried Tommy out of the boiler room, down the eighth grade hall, and into a van filled with manequin-like students.

The solemn trio passed by hosts of werewolves, goblins, mummies, centaurs, leprechauns and all sorts of other beings even Becky didn't recognize.

"Where did all these folk come from?" Sean asked as he placed Tommy beside another child on the van.

"Same place you did," Becky said. "They're all associated with Emory Settler in one way or another. Many of them owe him a favor, like you, but most are friends and associates. I'm not sure how he managed to get hold of them on such short notice. I guess he has his ways."

"Aye, Lassie, and her name's Tina Alice. Quite a convincing little bugger, that one."

"Isn't she one of Nancy's students?"

"That's what she told me."

"Well, she seems to have done her job well."

"Yes, and now we must, too."

"And what exactly is that job?"

"Ahh, what I do best, Lassie, wreak havoc."

"Where?"

"In the auditorium. Come on."

"But what about Tommy? He's going to wake up and not know where he is."

"He's a clever lad, he'll figure it out."

"Okay, I guess."

"Good girl."

Becky followed Sean to the auditorium, again passing battling creatures, frozen as they were when time stopped. Inside, they found Nancy, Elizabeth, and Tabby standing on the stage staring at a trap door. They all three looked worried.

"What the blaze is in there?" Sean asked.

"I don't know, but everyone seems focused on it," Becky said.

"It's a bomb shelter," came a booming voice behind them. "It's where the witches are holed up."

Sean and Becky turned to see the daunting figure of the mummy king. Dressed in Pharaoh's attire, his dark muscular body was more exposed than covered, and he bore mute evidence of battle on his otherwise flawless physique.

"Okay," Sean said, "so you're supposed to be frozen."

"I'm over a thousand years old, little leprechaun. Time freezes don't work on me."

"Leprechauns aren't little," Sean said for lack of a better response. "Not unless we want to be."

"That's okay, I don't look much like a mummy, either."

"Yeah, where are the gauze wraps?"

"Out of style, my friend."

"Why are the rest of the mummies frozen?" Becky asked.

"I don't know, the reanimation process isn't what it used to be?"

"Well, whatever the cause, I'm glad it didn't work on you," Sean said. "We could use your help."

"Doing what?"

"Changing the fortunes of battle. I can't hold the time freeze much longer, so we'll have to work fast."

"Tell me what to do."

"Start by removing weapons from the bad guys and giving them to the good ones. Reposition any of our soldiers that need to be in better spots."

"Play chess?" Akie said.

"Pretty much, but have some fun with it, too. I plan to replace some swords with pencils, put coats over faces, push some werewolves under chairs, and so forth."

"Sounds like fun," Akie said.

"How do we tell the good-guys from the bad ones?" Becky asked.

"T-shirts," Akie said, pointing one out. "They say, "#goodguys"."

"Why don't you have one?" Becky asked.

"It would mess with my look," Akie said. A hearty laughed boomed out of his ancient, but well muscled, chest.

"Whatever," Becky responded.

"Check out this white wolf," Sean said, walking over near the stage. "He's got on a good-guy shirt. I thought all werewolves were evil."

"Not this guy's group," Akie said, joining Sean. "His name's Kurt something or other. He's the captain of the Shadow Wolves. I met him earlier... nice guy."

"I've heard of the Shadow Wolves," Becky said. "They're kind of like the Day Walkers for the Vampires. They were branded cowards by their kind because they refused to take innocent lives."

"He doesn't seem much of a coward from where I stand," Sean said. "Mind you I'm more a lover than a fighter, but he looks pretty fierce to me."

"Yes, he does," Akie said, "and at this moment, he looks like he's about to get shot by an arrow."

"Then move him," Sean said.

"Yeah, good idea."

The three teammates proceeded to alter the action in the room, each according to their own abilities and imagination.

They got a lot accomplished before Sean finally grew so weak from holding the time freeze, that he collapsed on the floor.

"Hang in there, Habibi, I've got you," Akie said, lifting the leprechaun and carrying him onto the stage.

"I haven't any strength left ... Call Jerry ... I can't hold out any longer."

"I'll do it," Becky said, taking Sean's cellphone.

Before she could dial the number, the phone rang in her hand.

"Package delivered," Jerry's tense voice announced. "Tell Sean I'm clear."

Seconds later, they heard the sound of an explosion over the phone, and at the same moment, battle commenced where they were.

"Call Officer Settler," Sean said as he passed out.

*******

The rest of the story of what happened that day was carefully written in a book by Nancy Jordan, teacher and heroine.

She carefully chronicled the fight in the auditorium, which started out with a lot of confusion among the participants and ended once armed forces arrived.

Its main heroes were: a fierce white wolf who fought against all odds with no more than tooth and strength, a hulking mummy king, a vampire leader who returned from a mission, a crafty, but brave, leprechaun, and a group of women once called, The Daredevil Girls From Bunker Hill.

On the front lawn, brandishing a sword, was a special units police officer named, Emory Settler. He fought hard and was wounded several times, but lived. Surrounding him was a team of fierce goblins, their tall spindly bodies scored with many wounds.

Nancy wrote of the heroism of the Day Walker vampires, changelings, centaurs, giants, and even a Dragon affectionately named, the Dumb Dragon.

Some of the entries in her book where names of those who fell in battle, and others the victors. Most of all, she wrote about the capture of the witches. Once the bomb was detonated, Emory Settler called in the police and armed forces who had been waiting on the periphery.

The witches were trapped in the bomb shelter by a large desk Akie had placed over the trapdoor. Once pulled out, they were bound, gagged and placed in the custody of Emory Settler's officers.

Also in the shelter was one Victor Brewer, friend and associate of Nancy's. He had slipped in with the witches to keep an eye on their actions inside and helped in their capture once the police arrived.

Once all the fuss and muss of the attack was over, Nancy was chosen to be the new principal of the school. She reluctantly accepted the position, but set about restoring order and encouraging healing.

One of Nancy's first orders of business, was to set up a meeting with a group of students and supporters who chose to be called, The Daredevil Friends. Among their voting members were Nancy's students: Tina Alice, the twins Belle and Billy, Julia, Rasha, and Tommy. From outside the school Nancy included Kurt the werewolf and Andy, Tina's big brother.

The last thing Nancy Jordan had ever wanted was to bring evil to her community. All she desired was to leave her childhood adventures behind and live a normal life. But due, in part, to Emory Settler's ancestor, Drake Settler, she was destined to continue to fight the "evils of her generation".

As fortune would have it, she would not fight alone. A whole new generation of Daredevils had been born in the wake of the biggest battle in Miltonville's history. It was not to be its last.

Recognized

Author Notes
A special thanks for the artwork, "H.f.t.b.o.h" by Mr Jones

This is the end of the first book in the Daredevil Series. It is a rewrite of the original. I opted for a summarized ending or it would have gone on for a few chapters more. I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I did.

The sequel, "Daredevil Friends, Faces of Darkness" can be found on Amazon.com.

Thank you for reading and keeping up throughout this long book. Thank you for all you've taught me.

I will continue writing, "Humanity Project."


General Summary of book:

Nancy Jordan is a teacher in an ordinary small town middle school. She is living a safe, uncomplicated life when suddenly her past comes back to haunt her--literally. Her students have somehow found out that she was once a member of the world famous, Daredevil Girls from Bunker Hill, a group of young people who fought evil supernatural beings in the early 1980's.

She is asked by her principal to share stories from her youth once a month in an assembly. Reluctantly she agrees. In the first assembly, set auspiciously on Halloween, she is joined by the former members of the Daredevil Girls, who are now grown and have lives of their own. With their help, she retells two of their adventures. After the last story is told, Nancy finds that her past has become a part of her present---will she be forced to fight again?

Habibi is an Arabic term of affection.

Characters:

Nancy Jordan: Now a teacher, once the leader of the Daredevil Girls From Bunker Hill

Emily Jordan: Nancy's mother

Mrs. Pierson/ Witch Gelada: Nancy's boss and Miltonville Middle School Principal

Melba, Anastasia, and Matilda: Witch sisters of Mrs. Pierson/Gelada

Victor Brewer: Coach teaching across the hall from Nancy, perhaps a romantic interest.

Sean: Caterer and old acquaintance. Also known as the "Prankster".

Mildred: Witch and head of an organization of evil creatures. Locked up, for now, in a jail for supernatural beings.

Theo: Werewolf captor who is bronze colored and the nicer of the two.
Truman: Meaner and less intelligent of the two werewolf captors of the Daredevil Girl Supporters inside the school.

Jerry Crandall: Daywalker Vampire ally of Emory Settler

Gooblie: Goblin ally of Emory Settler

Akhenaten II/Akie: Ahmed's alter ego as a reanimated mummy, the son of Pharaoh Akhenaten I and Queen Nefertiti

Sean: Caterer and Leprechaun.

Sage: Sally's wise beyond her species, cat sidekick.


Daredevil Girl Supporters: Also students in Nancy's classes

Tina Alice: Leader of the supporters, tiny in stature, student all teachers love, very level headed. Blonde

Belle Conner: Girl twin who is larger than most kids in her grade and very outgoing. Dark hair

Billy Conner: Male twin who is a football player, large, strong, outgoing and plagued by a need for "fairness." Dark hair

Rasha: Athletic, smart, bouncy, African American

Julia: Small, energetic, speaks before she thinks sometimes, Hispanic

Sally Jordan: Nancy's little sister

Tabby: Daredevil Girl member-fast, smart, popular, African American. Real name is Tabitha

Elizabeth: Daredevil Girl member-strong willed, short, chubby, Cherokee heritage

Becky: Daredevil Girl member-Tall, gangling, awkward, slow in school, smart in ways of nature and the woods.

Bruce: Becky's little brother, the only "Daredevil Guy"

Kurt: Young and handsome Captain of the Shadow Wolves, a group of fringe werewolves who denounce the shedding of innocent blood.

Tommy: Student helping Bruce and Becky



     

© Copyright 2024. davisr (Rhonda) All rights reserved.
davisr (Rhonda) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement