FanStory.com - Everything's Goneby country ranch writer
Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Fire Came Raging Through
Everything's Gone by country ranch writer
Worst Nightmare writing prompt entry

The strong wind spread the fire down the mountain, leaving the people nowhere to go. Emergency Services struggled to rescue the people trapped by the worst fire, the county/area/whatever has seen in 100 years; a nightmare they'd relive for decades to come.

The fire is driving the wind down towards the ranches as it burns everything in its way. Up ahead they could see the red line of the fire as it heads down through the valley on its way through. The fire burned from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park into Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

It was the worst drought in a decade. The devastation has been, "Unfathomable". People were still unaccounted for. We're hanging onto hope that there is a chance of rescue. In some areas, it was noted some structures had been completely destroyed.The devastating fire has impacted so many lives in East Tennessee.

People fled with little more than the clothes on their backs. The wildfires forced evacuations.They said, "It was like driving into hell."
Wildfires, once a seasonal phenomenon, have become a constant threat, partly because climate change has resulted in drier winters and warmer springs, which combine to pull moisture off the ground into the air.

The two young boys were arrested and were charged with setting the fires. Their names were not released due to their ages. They could be charged with first-degree murder. If found guilty they could face life in prison or the death penalty if tried as adults.

So far there were 14 dead and 750 injured, maybe more, and so much destruction to the acreage it is hard to get a reasonable count. People are trying their best to pick up the pieces of their lives and carry on.

Dolly Parton has set up programs for the people to help them get back up on their feet. She has pledged $1000 a month for six months, to help them in getting back to having a place to live and such to live on.

Putting the fire out brings with it victory and victory comes with a price for the whole community to have to pay. Trying to rebuild once again was going to take time, a long time. Right now people were just happy to be alive and well and with family. Many can read the stories on the internet and the newspapers of the forest fires and destruction of the tourist places to visit in the Tennessee area. Many of the places not too damaged by the fire will be opened back up to the public, once again. It will be business as usual for a lot of folks, lucky enough to have their jobs back. Be sure to thank the rescue teams and firefighters for the good job they did working relentlessly to put those fires out. Their work is never done making sure all the fires are out for good.


Writing Prompt
Write a poem or story about your worst nightmare. If submitting a poem change the type to poem on the submission page.

     

© Copyright 2024. country ranch writer All rights reserved.
country ranch writer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement