FanStory.com - Heavenly Adventureby Luna
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a HexSonetta (see notes)
Luna's Form Poetry
: Heavenly Adventure by Luna

As Helios lost steam,
Selene began to shine.
Her light served as a sign
that he, Master of Dreams
a most heavenly scheme
for Luna had designed.

Our pair jumped hand-in-hand,
their destination clear.
The Moonchild shed a tear,
so perfect was this land.
Then just as he had planned,
an Angel in her ear ...

"We'll meet again one day,
this time you cannot stay."


 

Recognized

Author Notes
I first posted this work on March 26, 2010 (I think I was near to the time I had to quit for a few years...). At that time, I had no idea that my son would pass. I found this while looking over my old portfolio, it now seems prophetic. I have had the feeling that I've seen Heaven but I've been told I can't stay. And I love EC's song, "Tears in Heaven," which has the same message.

Also, there's a reason for the butterfly. I don't talk about this much, but my son visits his father, my mom and me in the form of a butterfly. Wildness.
HexSonnetta

The HexSonnetta, created by Andrea Dietrich, consists of two six-line stanzas and a finishing rhyming couplet with the following set of rules:
Meter: Iambic Trimeter
Rhyme Scheme: a/bb/aa/b c/dd/cc/d ee

Iambic Trimeter means the usual iambic (alternating unstressed/stressed) meter for every line of the poem, but instead of the ten syllables that comprise a typical sonnet's iambic pentameter, this particular form uses six syllables of iambic trimeter per line. Thus, the name HexSonnetta. The first part of the form�¢??s name refers to the syllable count per line. The second part of the name, Sonnetta, is to show this to be a form similar to the sonnet, yet with its shorter lines and different rhyme scheme, it is not the typical sonnet. Not only does this poem have six syllables per line, it also has a set of two six-line stanzas, giving an extra hex� to the meaning of HexSonnetta. The rhyme scheme is a bit of a mixture of the two traditional sonnet types, with the two 6-line stanzas having more the rhyme scheme of an Italian sonnet, but with the ending rhyming couplet being the featured rhyme scheme of the English sonnet. The first stanza presents the theme of the poem, with the second stanza serving to change the tone of the poem, to introduce a new aspect of the theme or to give added details. The final couplet, as in an English sonnet, can be either a summary (if the theme is simple) or it could be the resolution to a problem presented in the theme. In any event, it should nicely tie together the whole piece and could even appear as a nice twist presented at the end.

     

© Copyright 2024. Luna All rights reserved.
Luna has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement