FanStory.com - My Saturday today!by Teri7
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
short story about our day
My Saturday today! by Teri7

I woke up this morning between 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., which is pretty standard for me. When I awaken early I lay there and pray for various things that come to mind. After my mind slows down with needs coming to mind I eventually get up out of bed and wander around to the bedrooms where the cats waiting to be fed.

First, I go into Curious and Precious room. Curious is a very pretty Calico cat that is so sweet and full of love. Her colors are so beautiful. Precious is an orange and white kitty that has a mustache around her mouth. She is sweet and beautiful also.

They were so happy to see me as I talk to them as I am opening their window for the day, so they can see the sunshine. I fill their food bowls with their cat food and make sure they have plenty of water for the day.

Next, I go into Rascal and Angel's room. Rascal is another calico cat we have and love dearly. All of our cats are loving and gentle. We have had them all for many years as they were rescued when we were quite young.

Angel is a pretty, mostly black cat, with some white in her too. My husband wanted to name her Skunky, as she had a stripe like a skunk on her back, but I wouldn't let him as she looked like an angel to me.

Why, you may ask, is this cat so special?
When she was just a few weeks old she got stepped on by a horse and it hurt her very badly. When we took Angel from our son, we took her to the vet. The doctor said if she did not begin to walk soon they would have to take that paw off. Of course it broke my heart. She was so little and tiny. I started praying for this sweet little cat. I know some may think that is crazy, but to me if it matters to me enough to pray for it then I am sure it matters to God. Time went on and today she is one of the rowdiest cats we have. lol She walks fine and is in great shape!

Then I walk into the last room with the three remaining cats which are; Fluffy, Muffy and Sassy.

Fluffy and Muffy are beautiful grey and white twins that are almost identical. Sassy is the oldest cat we have and she is white and blackish grey. I need to say this before anyone thinks we have a nasty house due to cats, that is not true. We keep their litter boxes changed and they are very clean cats.

I feed, water, pet and talk to them for a few minutes as I do with all the girls. Now it is time to crawl back into the bed for a little bit. I rest my eyes a little longer before I start to get ready to go help clean the church.

Time seems to be crawling today, which is very good. I looked out the door and felt the really cool, almost cold, November air that was more than just brisk. It felt like winter was right around the corner.

At least I knew how to dress appropriately for the day. Tom and I walked to the car and drove to pick up our friend from church, Pat. She is 75 and does not look or act like it at all. She is always so bright and cheerful and has such a great heart and mind.

We pick up Pat and head to the church. Pat and I chit chat along the way. We pull into the church parking lot and a smile comes across my face. I feel very blessed with our church. It's not too small or too big, it's just right! The great thing about it is that I can feel the Holy Spirit there.

As we started, Pat and I worked on the Fellowship Hall first. Pat takes care of fixing things up that are out of place as I vacuum in there. It may not seem like much, but it takes quite a bit of time and energy. The neat thing about it is I love doing it as it is done unto the Lord!

Next, I vacuum part of the sanctuary going up one row of benches and down to the next one. I have to admit I do get tired at a certain point, but I keep on going as far as I can, then Tom takes over for me. I am truly blessed to have my husband as we make a pretty decent team.

It is now time for us to lock the church up and head out to have lunch! Pat cleans the glass window doors and Tom takes out the trash and we are done.

Tom, Pat and I stop at the Old Hickory Steakhouse to eat lunch. We enjoyed talking, laughing and the fellowship. Pat and I had the catfish, with fries and salad, but Tom had the Roast Beef and two vegetables. He was finishing up his plate and I asked him if he wanted the rest of my fish and fries.

We finally got Pat back home safe and sound and went to our house. That was around one o'clock. It was a pretty eventful Saturday. No Greyson today, but probably a good thing as I was kind of tired! lol

Since so many know I have MS I thought it might encourage you to see what God has done for me. He brought me back from being not able to go, to enjoying my life again. I truly thank Him daily for his grace and mercy!

This may be totally boring to some to read, but for some reason I just wanted to post it today. I hope you all have a very blessed and restful night tonight!



Written by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2016

Recognized

Author Notes
Pretty much a typical Saturday for Tom and myself. I do enjoy walking into the church no matter what time of day or night or what day. I hope you enjoy this.

     

© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement