FanStory.com - Brushstrokesby Heather Knight
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My life in a few words.
Brushstrokes by Heather Knight
    This Is My Life! Contest Winner 

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

When I was born, Dad told Mum, 'She's the most beautiful baby in the hospital.' It's so great to be a baby! Everybody dotes on you... You can do no wrong.

When I was one, I learned to walk and talk. I was unstoppable. I would never stay still. My parents ran around trying to keep up, but it wasn't easy.

When I was five, I started going to school. The teacher thought I could read, so I learnt on my own. My best friend in the class was a girl who had Down Syndrome. I noticed the other children avoided her and couldn't understand why.

When I was thirteen, I sided with the weak and those who didn't have friends. Which wasn't always good for me...

When I was fifteen, I went to England for the first time and fell in love with the country and the people. While in London, I saw princess Diana go past in a carriage. It was her wedding day. Poor, poor girl!

When I was eighteen, I read my first book in English. Peter Pan. To this day, it is one of my favourites.

When I was twenty, I started dating my husband. We had been friends for seven years before that...

When I was twenty-five, I gave birth to my first son. I couldn't believe how cute he was. I spent hours just looking at his little face.

When I was thirty, my daughter was born. I had always wanted a little girl and she was so beautiful. So perfect!

When I was thirty-four, my heart broke twice. First my dad died and then my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia.

When I was forty, I decided I needed one last baby and I had my son. Twelve years on he's still my tiny one.

So this, in some very quick strokes is my life. A life I enjoy most of the time. A life that goes by too fast.

My motto? Try to be as nice as possible to everybody. And make the most of every minute I have on this planet.


Writing Prompt
Write a poem, short piece of fiction, or an essay about your philosophy of life. No more than 1000 words.
This Is My Life!
Contest Winner

     

© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement