FanStory.com - Where Do The Years Goby country ranch writer
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Time Waits For No One
Where Do The Years Go by country ranch writer
The Do Over contest entry
Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

There are times in our life we stop and wonder when we look into the mirror. Would we want to do things differently in our life if we could it over? If so what would you want to change or do differently? Well, I would like to be able to say to everyone in my life that ever helped me and stood by me through trying times a big thank you. I have had a lot of good times over the years and I would do the same things over again in my life time. Meeting so many friends along the way has really opened my eyes to the outside world.

Times were tough but I think it brings one closer together in the long run. It makes you appreciate things a lot more in life. I would probably grow up to make the same mistakes I did when I was younger. But then I would learn from my mistakes and make my life better. I wouldn't have stopped when the doctor said I had to for my own sake or I would be a crippled mass of bones.

If I was talking to my younger self I would say get an earlier start on living your life and not letting people talk you into other things. Listen closely to Grandpa because he knows so much. You can learn a lot from him and Grandma and they are the best Grandparents you will ever have in this lifetime. The will love you dearly and never stand in judgement but remain by your side and stick up for whats right.
When I look in the mirror, I see this old woman that used to be so full of life. Only now I see a body racked with pain. Unable to do the slightest things we would do without even giving it a second thought. All is left is a shell of the person I used to be.

Things were lots different back then, life was so exciting, and never a dull moment. There was always some adventure I was looking for always heading out from one to the next.

I always wanted to stay young and never grow up for I was always afraid I would miss something or feel sad. I never wanted my time here on earth to ever end. I always wanted to live forever as young.

When getting older didn't mean I had to give up my lifestyle and things I loved I was a happy camper. Weekends were special with the kids and we enjoyed every minute we spent together over the years. Hunting, camping, fishing, boating was all loved and shared by all. Never a dull moment with my bunch. We made so many great memories and I for one have shared a lot of them whith many folks.

Children have a way of making one laugh when they are sad or just don't feel well. I have laughed so much with them over the silliest thngs. I am sure you have too with your children or friends children if you have none of your own.

It makes me sad to see kids of today be so mean to their parents or say mean things to their grandparents. They have become so hatefull lke they have a chip on their shoulder. They feel like the world owes them a living and everything should be theirs no questioned asked or repercussions for their actions.

I just don't know what they are going to do one day they look in the mirror and see their self for who they really are. Who will take care of them in their old age? Will anyone take on the challenge of their rath after being treated so badly over the years gone by?

It has been my lifes adventure and my writing that has kept me going all these years. I have always treated everyone as I would want them to treat me. I am not getting any younger these days the aches and pains become more frequent as the days progress. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Some days are better than others but it does no good to complain. I will be another year older soon coming up so it is something to look forward too. Life has its up and downs and I thank God each and every day he has allowed me to be able to enjoy each and every day on this eath.


Author Notes
Times waits for no one.

     

© Copyright 2024. country ranch writer All rights reserved.
country ranch writer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement