FanStory.com - Family from England are here.by robina1978
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A very short story.
Family from England are here. by robina1978

My husband's (Robert) youngest son arrived late Monday afternoon. He took some family as well: his son (Ethan), stepdaughter (Nicole), and Nicole's son (Callum). Euan and Ethan were here last year as too, but just for a mid-week. Now they are staying for a full week.

When they came from the boat in Hook of Holland, they first went to The Hague/Scheveningen near the pier. A bit crazy as they all had a very late night.

Then they arrived at our place. Phoned about half an hour before, so we could air the house to get rid of the smoke. This actually worked.

Then drinks and strawberry tart. We gave the left-overs to them to take.

What is a bit hard that the phone connection was not very good yesterday, but Euan got that I'd like to go swimming with them. This will probably be tomorrow. I really have to go swimming, as I bought two swimming suits for this purpose. People I know laughed their heads of, assuming I would never swim.

But afterwards they came late afternoon. I had bought some fancy biscuits from the baker's van. Loads of left-overs as they just had coffee with a bite earlier. They walked the dog at the end-so nice.

We knew Nicole from a long time ago, she has turned out gorgeous. She recently qualified as a Psychologist, but as there was no work in this profession, she now is a social worker with a Master's degree.

Callum we never saw before. I had seen a photo when he was still a baby. He is a bit shy and did not say much. I offered him to go out for a walk around the deer park, but he didn't dare to come. Mind you, he also can have been tired.

I should have started to tell you the following. On arrival Ethan gave us a box of delicious bonbons, made in the shop he used to work in. But what beats all Euan brought us our Christmas cards over for this year. I sent the photo's-he developed the design and had them printed. He is in that kind of business.

I might as well add, though he is not coming this year, that Robert's eldest son (Crawford) built me a new and fast computer. He sent it by mail.

We thoroughly enjoy having them here.

Recognized

Author Notes
The photo is mine, and shows from left to right: Callum, Nicole, Ethan and Euan. Then let's not forget Smokey, our dog.

     

© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement