FanStory.com - Renewed Acquaintancesby michaelcahill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prose Potlatch-Challenge-Story Beginning
Renewed Acquaintances by michaelcahill











 
I knew I’d never forget her. I just never knew how much the reason would change. I laugh when I think of her at twelve-years-old stomping up to my ultra-cool fifteen-year-old self and plopping down next to me on the couch. What she was doing at our “grown up” party, I didn’t know. I imagined her to be the sister of someone, tagging along unwelcome. She impressed the hell out of me with her disdain for my carefully developed and wildly successful mysterious and foreboding persona. I didn’t think of her romantically, her and her flat chest and tom boyish ways. But something struck a chord and it resonated deeper than I realized at that moment in time. I thought about her all summer. I even laughed at myself for such an odd fixation. I had my choice of comely young ladies for the most part, but this too young boyish youngster occupied my brain.
 
School started in September and as a senior, I ruled the school. King me looked for her and there she was. Looking for me apparently made her list of things to do. The summer had been kind to her and to me as well it would turn out. She blossomed into a voluptuous babe somehow. Cool, I could finally justify my foolish romantic inclinations and let them run wild. We became inseparable. This went on for a year and I went to college upon graduation. Being an idiot I hooked up with an older college girl and turned my back on my truest and best love of my life.
 
I called her thirty years later. She’d been looking for me it turns out. She owed me, she said.


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Novel or story beginning. Topic: First Love

     

© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement