FanStory.com - I Wishby GWHARGIS
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Something personal for someone I love.
I Wish by GWHARGIS

I wish you could see what I see. I wish you could feel the pride that fills my heart when I see you. But you don't. All you see is someone who doesn't fit the mold. You're still trying to find yourself and the beauty that's there. It seems to elude you, hidden behind teeth that have gaps, full cheeks with temporary imperfections magnified under harsh light in bathroom mirrors.
You dream of that white knight who will sweep you off of your feet. He will see no one else once he looks into your eyes. He will utter the words that every person wants to hear, "You are beautiful." But will you believe him?
I wish you would find the beauty inside of you and share it with the world. Some have caught glimpses, when your guard was down and you let yourself enjoy the moment. I wish you would understand that it's okay not to look like others. Being one of a kind can sometimes be a good thing.
I hope I am there at the very moment when you realize how beautiful you are. The world is waiting for you to shed the cloak of self doubt and stand proud.
But first, you have to open your eyes and see past what you think are flaws. See what I know is there. That is my wish for you.

Recognized

Author Notes
Being a teen aged girl is brutal. I remember. I look back now at old pictures and could kick myself for being the shrinking violet. But that's water under the bridge. My middle daughter is a lot like I was years ago. My older sister modeled and so does hers. It's a tough act to follow. My hope is that she understands sometimes attractiveness is subjective.

     

© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement