FanStory.com - A Taste of my Lifeby amada
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fun with my cuisine
A Taste of my Life by amada
The Enjoyment of Eating! writing prompt entry


Early Childhood: in those dreary cold winter mornings, my grandmother sat with a thick porcelain cup and hot cocoa with marshmallows. Childhood love was sweet and warm.

Ending Childhood: afternoons with Dad at the ice cream parlor. Delighting in frozen barrels of multicolor delight. Their texture, a caress; their coldness, a warm embrace. Father love was embracing.

Daughterhood: dinner with Mom: at the bent of a knife, sad chopped salads served on festive plates. Rancor was boiling in the vinaigrette, bitterness lingering on the forks. Coolness al-dente. Mother love was s thorny.

Youthland: nurturing life in the big city, and the dignified gray-haired man with the cigar-among the spread of bread and flowers. Not too much seasoning in the kiss and too much braising in the roast. Love was overdone.

Eveninghood: the tall tanned man who introduced me to wine and tangoes. All was well-seasoned and well immersed. I couldn't steam those darn code steps. The avor of red wine still simmers...Love was charcoaled.

Nighthood: on my own,, free to explore at free range... Nouveau French cuisine, exotic oriental dishes, natural food markets. Grocer's son says my lips are ripe cherries. I was famished for a four-course meal. Love was lip-smacking.

Motherhood: roosting days with four kids under ten...cereal cartons, pepperoni pizza, plastic forks, and paper plates. Foods were frozen, parboiled, portable, and recyclable. My heart, however, was soaked in syrupy spoonful for winter colds, my hands, garnished with perennial running noses. Love was grand.

Grandmotherhood: as I am kneaded into age, white-haired grandma savoring lukewarm oatmeal, stewed green apples, chicken broth. Everything pre-cooked, pre-tested, pre-safe. And then, grandkids with carry-on pizzas! Love in every bite.

Dreamhood: while still savoring those days of red wine and tangoes.






Writing Prompt
The enjoyment of eating! Yes, the contest entries can be about eating enjoyment, but they can also be about enjoyable times that happened while eating. Topic does not have to be addressed directly, but must be incorporated into piece. Readers should be able to laugh at the entries! Any type of submission, poetry, non-fiction, fiction, etc., is welcome. Works must be 300 words or less. Word count must be listed in author's notes.

Recognized

Author Notes
Words: 292

     

© Copyright 2024. amada All rights reserved.
amada has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement