FanStory.com - Facing My Fear of Writingby Judith Ann
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A thought about why I don't write
Facing My Fear of Writing by Judith Ann
Writing writing prompt entry
Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

The question circling in my head for a long time now is, "What am I afraid of? I know how to write and experience indicates the more I write the more skilled I will become. I love to write; I love to read and would spend my entire day doing both if I could. So, what is stopping me?"

After asking myself this question, I decided to search my soul. I am not afraid of failure, and I am confident the classes I took are helping me hone this craft. I feel good about many of my pieces, I love the editing process. So, why don't I take the next step and decide on a topic and enter a contest or send out a query letter?

I discovered I am afraid if I am given the go ahead to write an article or story, it will no longer be fun. I fear writing will turn into an obligation instead of a pleasure; a deadline instead of a passion. Putting these feelings on paper is helping me to see how foolish this is. It is time to quit being the student (I love to read and study about writing) and begin the life of a professional writer. God gave me this gift and it is now time to share it.


Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.

Author Notes
This contest entry is sort of a New Year's resolution too. Perhaps more a goal than resolution, but now is the time.

Thank you to VMarguarite for "Leaving My Comfort Zone". The perfect visual for my entry.

     

© Copyright 2024. Judith Ann All rights reserved.
Judith Ann has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement